• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where in the World is your favorite spot to be?

mickey2minnie1

DIS Veteran
When you think about the World when you are home, where is that favorite "sweet" spot that you just love.

For me, it is on a lounge chair on the Poly beach, at night, sipping my tropical macaw, and waiting for Wishes to begin. The thought just brings back the magic.

Now tell me yours...

Walking down Mainstreet and World Showcase..Driving thru the sign that says Welcome to Walt Disney

I would have to agree with your spot at the Poly but I also like the white sand beach at CBR looking across the lake at Old Port Royale. I like sitting on Main Street at MK listening to the background music or outside the main entrance watching the monorails go by. I really have lots of favorite spots in WDW.

Mine would have to be on the beach at Poly. We have recently just discovered that the upper portion closest to CR has the fewest folks and is nice and quiet through Wishes. So nice and relaxing.

Opening the door to my room at the Beach Club for the first time after checking into the hotel.

There are many, many spots at WDW that I love and would love to be at but nothing beats walking into your resort room on the first day knowing you are just beginning that wonderful, week long journey of thrills and memories.

Jay

Going under the entrance sign that says we're at Walt Disney World and then laying in my hammock with my cold adult beverage at the Coronado and just relaxing and throwing all my worries away for at least a week.

Liberty Square...Sitting in the rocking Chairs, completely immersed in Disney.

(Close Second, Sitting in the Grand Floridian Lobby sipping a mimosa right before breakfast)

I can't choose between these two...

Main Street during Wishes, watching the reflection of the fireworks in my children's eyes.

After dark, on the beach at the Beach Club, looking across at the lights on the Boardwalk.

sitting on my BW view balcony (BWVs), sipping coffee and watching the quiet, shades of grey world change to bright colors and the light sounds of laughter as the sun rises.
second is the same place, with a glass of wine and a loved one, watching the fireworks from illuminations, and the antics of people playing the carny games (okay, i also do enjoy the faces filled with awe looking up at us - i did the same thing many times before we bought DVC at the BWVs)

also, entering a resort or park for the first time every trip....i still get an overwheming feeling of happiness:cloud9:

Opening the door to my room at the Beach Club for the first time after checking into the hotel.

There are many, many spots at WDW that I love and would love to be at but nothing beats walking into your resort room on the first day knowing you are just beginning that wonderful, week long journey of thrills and memories.

Jay

I heartily agree!
Also - just being at Stormalong Bay enjoying such a great pool while so close to World Showcase and Hollywood Studios, seeing the boats on the lake and people passing by on the boardwalk - all very fun and exciting.

Week after Thanksgiving, in shorts and a t-shirt, sitting on the bench at the BW looking out over the water and enjoying an ice cream cone.

This past winter, when we dug ourselves out of several inches of snow, I was able to remember that moment in my mind and it kept me going.......

As soon as the music starts for Spectromagic, no matter where I am sitting/standing. I get goosebumps everytime. I still want the Main Street Electrical Parade back though. By far my favorite of the two.

Close second is our first monorail ride of the trip. My daughter who is now 9 STILL gets beyond excited about the monorail - add a sitting in the front and you just made her entire day! :thumbsup2

:cloud9:
Going under the entrance sign that says we're at Walt Disney World and then laying in my hammock with my cold adult beverage at the Coronado and just relaxing and throwing all my worries away for at least a week.

That's it for me too! Then I know my Disney Dream has come true once again.:cloud9:

I could give you a list of them and still be coming back to put more down.

A rocking chair on the porch of Settlement Trading Post in FW listening to the boat and train whistles.

Those small sitting areas on the upper floors of the WL lobby

The hammock on the beach of the Poly in front of the Tahiti longhouse

Standing on the 5th floor staircase of the CR just as the Monorail passes under your feet

The Tables in front of Caseys just after Wishes waiting for the Kiss Goodnight

Walking out of EPCOT at the end of the night and hearing the Background Music of Future playing and seeing the lights in the walkway.

This thread makes me so happy!

One of mine is sitting on a bench in front of the castle right after Wishes; listening to background music and people watching.

At DHS, for EMH, we always go to the playhouse disney dance party in the animation courtyard. I always leave there dancing :)

I just love anywhere in the parks! *sigh* I cant wait to go back to WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter