Where is Pink's Hot Dogs?

Redcon1

DIS Veteran
We're driving from SD to LA the day before our flight home so we have some time to explore the LA area.
I wanted to find some fun places to eat for our family(which includes a DD, age7 and DS, age 5) and I've heard about Pink's. Where is it located? Anyone have any comments on the place.
Are there any other places similar to this that would be fun for the kids to eat?
We are spending the night in San Pedro so anyplace between there and LA would be ok.
Thanks!

709 N. La Brea Ave. in Hollywood. Not too far from the Chinese Theater ect.

The ABSOLUTE BEST chili dogs in LA!

The decor is 'neat' with the pictures of famous stars but it probably will go over the kids' head.

If you're looking for 'fun' archetecture (and mediocre dogs), Tail o' the Pup is also nearby at 329 N. San Vicente Blvd. This is the 'famous' place actually shaped like a hot dog.

Another 'fun' place is the Encounter Restauraunt in the LAX terminal theme building. (The flying saucer) Retro late 50's/early 60s decor. You don't need to wait out a flight to get a meal. http://www.encounterrestaurant.com/

Just so you know, hot dogs in LA are "crunchy" - I'm originally from back east and I HATE the hot dogs here. Including Pinks. They are highly overated and as I'm used to wonderful charcoal cooked hot dogs from Ted's in Buffalo, Pinks was a sore dissapointment. Just my 2 cents...

Mary Jo, my daughter and I drove by Pinks last January around lunch hour and the line was HUGE. Down around the block. I would definately go in an off peak meal time and avoid a weekend if you can!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter