Where is rider swap area for FOP

bdarling

Mouseketeer
I was wondering how rider swap works for Flight of Passage. I have never been on it, and we all want to see the line area. Do we all go together then group 2 waits at the loading area? I haven’t done rider swap either 😁

I was wondering how rider swap works for Flight of Passage. I have never been on it, and we all want to see the line area. Do we all go together then group 2 waits at the loading area? I haven’t done rider swap either 😁
You all want to see the stand by line?

Normally, if you don’t have a FP, one group goes in stand by then the second group gets to use the FP line.

It makes sense someone who can’t ride can’t be in line. I don’t know why I didn’t realize it. I just thought they leave where the ‘chicken out’ people leave. I get it now.

Also some of the long lines are interesting so I thought we would all be together waiting, then swap at boarding area. Not worth an extra hour plus of wait time, though.

New plan - all but non rider get FP, if possible.

It makes sense someone who can’t ride can’t be in line. I don’t know why I didn’t realize it. I just thought they leave where the ‘chicken out’ people leave. I get it now.

Also some of the long lines are interesting so I thought we would all be together waiting, then swap at boarding area. Not worth an extra hour plus of wait time, though.

New plan - all but non rider get FP, if possible.

We never used rider swap last year, we just got fast passes for everyone (including my youngest) Then I would ride with my daughter, and she would ride again with her dad using the extra fastpass we got for Molli. She loved it because that meant she could ride her favorites twice!

It makes sense someone who can’t ride can’t be in line. I don’t know why I didn’t realize it. I just thought they leave where the ‘chicken out’ people leave.

Am I correct that your non-rider is an adult? S/He will be allowed through the queue, and you can ask to swap. I can’t say exactly where they’ll have you wait for FoP, but it should be near the boarding area.

Possibly they’ll give a digital RS, but I would not expect it.

Enjoy your vacation!

Last edited:

My non rider is a disabled person in a wheelchair who cannot transfer. We are doing a combo of Rope Drop, FP and DAS (only is used for rides this person can stay in the chair on and ride with us - IASW, TSMM, etc). We are wondering if swapping is used for disabled persons, and the Disability forum has differing opinions. I think many agree that it SHOULD be allowed, since this disabled person, like a child, cannot stay alone to wait. No one is exactly sure if CM will do that, and particularly on a very busy ride, I would rather be prepared with all FP when we go.

If we all have FP, I was hoping we could all do the line together, then after the first people are done, they can leave with my son in the wheelchair, then I would go. The CM move the chairs to the exit area for those who transfer, so there is a possible way to do it if we ask the CM at the start of the line.

If that doesn't work out, we will just wait the double line - but hopefully we will be able to get FP so the wait will not be 120mins X 2!!!!

My non rider is a disabled person in a wheelchair who cannot transfer. We are doing a combo of Rope Drop, FP and DAS (only is used for rides this person can stay in the chair on and ride with us - IASW, TSMM, etc). We are wondering if swapping is used for disabled persons, and the Disability forum has differing opinions. I think many agree that it SHOULD be allowed, since this disabled person, like a child, cannot stay alone to wait. No one is exactly sure if CM will do that, and particularly on a very busy ride, I would rather be prepared with all FP when we go.

If we all have FP, I was hoping we could all do the line together, then after the first people are done, they can leave with my son in the wheelchair, then I would go. The CM move the chairs to the exit area for those who transfer, so there is a possible way to do it if we ask the CM at the start of the line.

If that doesn't work out, we will just wait the double line - but hopefully we will be able to get FP so the wait will not be 120mins X 2!!!!

They may let you take turns riding with the nonrider waiting at the exit at FOP. The first time my daughter did FOP, she freaked out when she got in the room to ride. The CM had my DD and me go wait at the exit while DH rode. The plan was for me to ride after DH finished. DD decided during his ride she would give it a try and so we rode after DH while he waited at the exit. They have a few benches there because they do often have people who can't ride this attraction due to size. They may let you switch at the exit, which is not technically Riderswitch because with Riderswitch you all approach the CM and get a RS placed onto the second group's band and then the first group rides while the second group does something else. Then the second group rides when the first group is done. The party does not wait in the que together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter