where is the best place you have ever been to that wasn't a vacation?

Pompano Beach Florida - I had to be there for a couple of weeks for work - rather than getting a hotel room - I rented a condo on the beach - it was fabulous!

Back when I worked for wages, the company I worked for often participated in industry trade shows.

One year it was in Atlanta, with the venue at the convention center downtown. We enjoyed the downtown restaurants and a neat tour of CNN center. IIRC, this was about 1989 or so.

The next year, the show was in New Orleans, another great, great foodie city. I enjoyed it so much, I brought DW & DD there a couple of years later. We've since been back to NOLA many times for the food and the history. The WW2 Museum is bucket list quality. The food is the best on the North American Continent, imo.

New Orleans... I was there for a conference. I learned a lot at it, but the nights were fun in the French Quarter!

Atacama Desert in the Andes, Chile. Had a project at a gold mine there a few years back. 10,000 feet in elevation, with less than a half an inch of rain per year, it’s like the surface of Mars.

I might have misread this since I didn't think it was just for work, but the best day trips for me is South Lake Tahoe.

My first work trip for my day job was Vegas. Breakfast and lunch provided, work until 4pm then have the rest of the night to explore and have fun. Had time to do all the things I wanted to but did not get bored.

The other may be the time I was a Disney Cast Member for a week. I didn't get to spend any time in the parks but got to see some areas guests never do.

Surprisingly Chicago.

We had a conference there with our employees from all over the world.
It was really good, all the drink was included and we also did a dinner cruise of the lake.
Got to meet a lot of people we had only talked to on the phone, and have a drink with them.
Very memorable.

Sadly we did not get pizza, or Italian beef or any of the Chicago food staples, but I was able to break away and get some really good hotdogs. Have not been able to find a Chicago dog that was good as the one I had there.
Even the one I got at the bar at the airport on the way home was really good.

We did a smaller trip to Austin with a leadership group and that was also very good.

I don't think companies get the value of these trips anymore.
They are costly, but when people work remote and finally meet on these trips I think its a very good thing for moral and teambuilding.
People who a rarely spoke with before that - I still speak to long after leaving the company.

Difficult to say since I always allotted a few days for pleasure when doing business travel. Off the top of my head, I enjoyed the architecture and night life of Pristina.

San Antonio, TX for work. I had never been to TX, and haven't been back since, but the Riverwalk (where we were staying) was amazing and just walking it back and forth every night after work, was relaxing and helped with wind down.

I've been to Munich and Guam for work, those were nice. Munich was for a trade show and my company had a huge dinner event for customers at the Hofbrauhaus. All the liters of beer you could drink.

I guess I'd have to say Boston or Lake Tahoe - I've been to both for work and would like to go back for a long weekend at some point.

San Antonio, TX for work. I had never been to TX, and haven't been back since, but the Riverwalk (where we were staying) was amazing and just walking it back and forth every night after work, was relaxing and helped with wind down.
Another vote for San Antonio. Went there for a trade show/ conference. Loved the Riverwalk. Hope to go back someone.

Probably Chicago (non-vacation visiting relatives).

I have never really worked at anything that required me to do any real "business trips".

A 4 day weekend to Washington DC when my college aged daughter was living there over the summer doing an internship. I didn't consider it a "vacation". It was a visit to see my child! We had a wonderful time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter