Where is the Coldest placce you have ever been?

Danville, KY, early March, 1981. First games of the season, a baseball doubleheader. Sitting on a metal bench with nothing more than a thin windbreaker, snowing, 28 degrees, 13 degree wind chill, doing nothing but sitting and watching for 5 hours.

I've been places where the temperature was colder, but I've never been as cold as I was that day. After the games I went back to my dorm, turned on the shower as hot as I could stand it and stayed in there for about an hour. I thought I'd never get warm again.

Outside my door. I live in Northern Minnesota. In 1996 the air temperature was -31F. The high for that day was -21F. Factor the windchill into it, it felt like -58F. We get a fair number of -20 or colder days each winter. I often wonder why I live somewhere where the air hurts my face...

Danville, KY, early March, 1981. First games of the season, a baseball doubleheader. Sitting on a metal bench with nothing more than a thin windbreaker, snowing, 28 degrees, 13 degree wind chill, doing nothing but sitting and watching for 5 hours.

I've been places where the temperature was colder, but I've never been as cold as I was that day. After the games I went back to my dorm, turned on the shower as hot as I could stand it and stayed in there for about an hour. I thought I'd never get warm again.

Our preacher went to seminary at Asbury (30ish minutes from Danville). His wife claims that it's the coldest place in the world.

Same

Or maybe Chicago.
Well we went there in winter, and when we came out from our hotel the van wouldn’t start. Everything we had left in overnight had frozen and a lot of it exploded....We went back in to ask what to do and they handed us a card for “AJs car starting” we then paid $700 for a guy to tow our van to his pole barn and blow hot air under it. It was hilarious.

The coldest I have experienced is where I live in Texas. It got down to 11 degrees one night a few years ago. That was miserably cold. I don’t know how y’all do it for months on end with even colder temps!

Did a year in school in GRAND FORKS, NORTH DAKOTA.

Those who understand will never question.
Those who question will never understand.

PS... I now live in Florida.

One bad winter in New Hampshire. I remember snow everywhere and my parents working on plans to move back south. Beautiful state though.

I went to Wales in May of 1997. It was so cold! I am sure I have been in colder weather, but I will remember that as being the coldest country ever!

Coldest was when I lived in western Pennsylvania... we had days where it would be -20F. I was in Antarctica last February and it was water there than it was back home in Washington 😱 the water was very cold for our polar plunge however! 32F.

growing up in a small town in CT, we had rules around recess where you couldn't go outside if it was under 10 degrees, which it usually was during the winter.

We'd play a guessing game on the way to school for how low the temp would get after being in the garage before we got there. Definitely a few negative days in here, sometimes pushing -15.

Toss up between Barrow, Alaska and the top of a glacier in Iceland. Now that I think about it longer, the glacier wins!
I went to Barrow (now Utqiagvik) last summer--just after the Solstice--and the high that day was in the mid-30s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter