Where is the furthest away from your home town you have bumped into someone from your town unexpectedly?

Did not know them previously, however, a few years ago, we met a family who lives less than a mile from us on our DCL Alaska cruise...

Ran into a co-worker at the airport in Florida... I guess it is not as "small world" as you might think, ends up we were on the same flight down there :rotfl2:

I ran into my brother in the Atlanta airport. We grew up in St. Louis, but by this time each of us lived elsewhere (NOLA and Phoenix). We had just enough time on our respective layovers to grab a bite and catch up.

Probably Disneyland. It's about a 6-7 hour drive from where we live. Lots of our friends go there frequently, as do we. We've run into friends several times there. Once we got in line behind of one of DS's classmates and her family, so we all rode together. Another time we saw a family we know in line for TSMM. We chatted all through the line and had a great time.

At Disney (from Kentucky). I would never have known they were from my hometown, but we were in the Splash Mountain gift shop and I overheard them say something and name our hometown, so I spoke up and turns out, we have friends in common.

6000 miles. And on that trip we ran into 3 families from home. It was crazy.

Pittsburgh to Myrtle Beach. Walking down through town as a teen and pass another kid, "Hey Curt.... Wait, what! What the heck are you doing down here?"

He also informed me Dave was around. Had no idea either were going to be there, as along with my brother, the 4 of us walked to the pool together in the summers nearly every day at home. That year was a blast.

As the previous post says, I'm near Pittsburgh. Mom was dating a guy who had family out in Chicago. They were visiting and was wandering the neighborhood garage sales when someone asked where she was from. "Little town just north of Pittsburgh..." as we just always use Pittsburgh as a reference. He then says that he does some work in a little town north of Pittsburgh.

Then on Monday, he calls out to me at work, "Hey, I met your mom this weekend in Chicago of all places!"

Ohio to NYC. A friend and I had a trip to NYC over a Columbus day weekend. we ran into someone we went to high school with. We're not teachers but the high school person was. Apparently our area teachers go there annually that weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter