Where is your favorite spot to get Poke?

Another good one.

My favorite of all that we tried was Tamashiro Market, we even stopped there again on the way to the airport.
Never been there! Parking just seems to be such a hassle! Definitely need to check it out even though I’m from here 😂

Never been there! Parking just seems to be such a hassle! Definitely need to check it out even though I’m from here 😂
We parked in the church lot next door the first time after seeing other people doing it. The next time was around 1or 2pm so they had parking spots available.

Nico's Pier 38, directly on the Honolulu docks. There's an open dining room for menu and waitstaff dining, but we prefer to go into the attached deli, choose from about a dozen poke variations, then carry our meals just outside the dining room, where we can sit under the umbrellas by the water. Fabulous--and if you're flying out through Honolulu , it's a great place to eat on your way to the airport. That has become traditional for us.

Tanioka’s in Waipahu for selection. They have a huge selection of poke and other local deli type foods (musubi, plate lunches, bento boxes).

Ono Seafood or Off the Hook Poke Market closer to Waikiki for great quality poke. Off the Hook was a “Boat to Table” joint (may still be) where they caught the fish in the morning, served it up, and when they were out, closed up shop.

My wife and some of my relatives really like Costco’s. Our local Costco (Issaquah WA) was making it for a while, but phased it out a while back.

Last edited:
Mitch's Fish market and Sushi bar has great tasting Poke (dine in) and Foodland also has decent Poke as well.

I second the Tanioka's recommendation. We got poke from there on two occasions on our recent trip and I never got any pictures because it was devoured so quickly.

I like the California Poke Bowl from Ulu Cafe since it has cooked shrimp, and I tend to avoid raw foods.

Ono Seafood or Off the Hook Poke Market closer to Waikiki for great quality poke. Off the Hook was a “Boat to Table” joint (may still be) where they caught the fish in the morning, served it up, and when they were out, closed up shop.
I second Ono Seafood. The parking lot is very small but its worth hassle for waiting for a spot.

Not poke but I love the spicy bowls (and everything) at Sushi Bay in Kapolei. Prices are so reasonable, and the bowls are huge! I love the spicy tuna, hubby likes the spicy salmon. I think they are still carry out only. Right by Long’s. Also look at Instacart or DoorDash if feeling lazy! We have become so lazy last few trips that we do that all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter