Where is your next vacation?

DH and I are going to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for two weeks later this month -- 10 days on Lake Superior, 4 days on Mackinac Island.

Assuming DD graduates college (December), we're doing a chicks' trip to Ireland. DH and I will plan a 2025 trip to Italy (and possibly Greece).

We are headed to the beach (Ocean City, MD) on Saturday for three nights. This is a last minute trip as we haven’t been to the beach in three years and we are all just missing it.

Our next “big” vacation is our trip to California next summer. It’s our first trip to CA and we are so excited. We are visiting SF, Big Sur, Yosemite, Disneyland, LA, and SD.

We are headed to the beach (Ocean City, MD) on Saturday for three nights.

How is it in the busy parts of the summer? I've been trying to talk my mother into going to Ocean City with us and a VRBO -- she lives in Centreville and loves the shore. She says she doesn't want to bother, and that crowds there are awful.

Centreville

Hi from Church Hill:rolleyes:!!!

Re: Ocean City...we actually have a jobsite down there, at public works so smack in the middle of it all. I'm only down to the site once in a while (but am in Georgetown & Millsboro, and sometimes Selbyville every week) but the traffic is seemingly never-ending Thursday - Monday/Tuesday. All those people clogging up Kent Island are clogging up the beach towns.

Hi from Church Hill:rolleyes:!!!

Re: Ocean City...we actually have a jobsite down there, at public works so smack in the middle of it all. I'm only down to the site once in a while (but am in Georgetown & Millsboro, and sometimes Selbyville every week) but the traffic is seemingly never-ending Thursday - Monday/Tuesday. All those people clogging up Kent Island are clogging up the beach towns.
Hi! I'm in Chicagoland, spent a lot of the last three years in Centreville because of my father's illness and passing. Mom's already across the Bay Bridge, but yes -- I've seen it get worse even just in the past three years.

Maybe Delaware for us to kidnap Mom and take her to the beach....

We are headed to the beach (Ocean City, MD) on Saturday for three nights. This is a last minute trip as we haven’t been to the beach in three years and we are all just missing it.

Our next “big” vacation is our trip to California next summer. It’s our first trip to CA and we are so excited. We are visiting SF, Big Sur, Yosemite, Disneyland, LA, and SD.
A few years ago we did a big CA road trip. Started in SF and drove down the coast to SD and then returned through the mountains. We visited Joshua Tree, Death Valley and Yosemite on the way back north. Yosemite is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. Half Dome at sunset... <3

How is it in the busy parts of the summer? I've been trying to talk my mother into going to Ocean City with us and a VRBO -- she lives in Centreville and loves the shore. She says she doesn't want to bother, and that crowds there are awful.

I haven’t been back to OCMD since 2020, but I don’t remember it being too busy that it made it not enjoyable. There is always a lot of traffic getting there, but once there, I don’t find it bad at all. I do think the boardwalk always seems busy, but we aren’t huge boardwalk people so we don’t spend too much time there. I’m part of a couple of OCMD FB groups and many people have commented how empty things seem this year. They said a lot of hotels have vacancies signs. I guess I’ll find out on Saturday.

A few years ago we did a big CA road trip. Started in SF and drove down the coast to SD and then returned through the mountains. We visited Joshua Tree, Death Valley and Yosemite on the way back north. Yosemite is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. Half Dome at sunset... <3

We visited four national parks last summer - Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Rocky Mountains, and the Badlands - and we got bitten by the national park bug bad. We cannot wait to visit Yosemite. It looks absolutely beautiful!

We visited four national parks last summer - Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Rocky Mountains, and the Badlands - and we got bitten by the national park bug bad. We cannot wait to visit Yosemite. It looks absolutely beautiful!
After the deadness of Death Valley and Joshua Tree, the lushness and life in Yosemite was amazing.

Charlotte for work at the end of Sept. Tagging on a couple extra days to do some tourist stuff like Nascar hall of fame and Carowinds.

DH and I are going to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for two weeks later this month -- 10 days on Lake Superior, 4 days on Mackinac Island.

Assuming DD graduates college (December), we're doing a chicks' trip to Ireland. DH and I will plan a 2025 trip to Italy (and possibly Greece).
I'd love to hear what you have planned for Ireland. DH and I are thinking Ireland and Scotland for 2 weeks Sept. 2024.

Heading to WDW in the fall for our anniversary aiming to duplicate our Honeymoon.
All other travel is driving distance in the North East.

We have a long list of places we would like to see but the airlines are just so batty lately it is a huge deterrent. We were thinking of an entire family trip to WDW in 2024 but everyone we hear from gets so many delays and cancellations it would totally ruin my trip so I am going to wait and see if things settle. We couldn't even get a decent nonstop to MCO so this is the first time we will be changing planes which means more room for error, yikes. The options were so bad we are using points instead of paying because the options are all the same, can't seem to buy better. I'm hoping a bunch of new startup airlines join the market soon because I'd try new and avoid those with bad records of leaving people stranded in airports, boiling on runways and over serving drunk passengers.

I want to travel more but not with what I am hearing and seeing, everyone else traveling anyway is super brave or patient, or both, I figure the places will still be there.

I'd love to hear what you have planned for Ireland. DH and I are thinking Ireland and Scotland for 2 weeks Sept. 2024.
It's going to be a Cliff's Notes version of Ireland--probably 7-8 days. My sister-in-law lived there for a couple of years, and is VERY anxious to give me tips. I'm not spending any time looking at stuff until DD actually graduates...LOL

I always start with TripAdvisor forums, then VisitACity for the larger cities, then Viator to book tours/day trips.

Our first ever cruise is a Disney Cruise coming up in October. It is a 4 night cruise as I get motion sickness very easily so this is a test for the future. We are going form San Diego to Catalina and Ensenada. We will have some Halloween festivities on the ship from what I understand.

Our first ever cruise is a Disney Cruise coming up in October. It is a 4 night cruise as I get motion sickness very easily so this is a test for the future. We are going form San Diego to Catalina and Ensenada. We will have some Halloween festivities on the ship from what I understand.
My husband learned (after our cruise, so too late for him) that as soon as the boat leaves, to go up on deck and spend time watching the horizon -- it's apparently something the Navy does to acclimate the inner ear to the motion of the ship.

UO for Halloween horror nights in October celebrating my oldest DD turning 40 yrs old she’s an October baby and has always loved Halloween!!

Last year we FT traveled all over the US and also took an Alaskan cruise. Favorite areas were Tracy Arm Fjord in Alaska, upper peninsula of Michigan, Zion National Park, Sedona/Jerome/Cottonwood area of AZ, western Washington state. We also finally got to experience Disneyland after a lifetime of WDW.

This year we have AP’s so a lot of our travel is WDW and glamping trips. I am looking into London and hope to go in 2024.

Last year we FT traveled all over the US and also took an Alaskan cruise. Favorite areas were Tracy Arm Fjord in Alaska, upper peninsula of Michigan, Zion National Park, Sedona/Jerome/Cottonwood area of AZ, western Washington state. We also finally got to experience Disneyland after a lifetime of WDW.

This year we have AP’s so a lot of our travel is WDW and glamping trips. I am looking into London and hope to go in 2024.
Never….just got off the Magic 8/5. Our family came home with nasty Covid

Never….just got off the Magic 8/5. Our family came home with nasty Covid
Hope you are all ok, it took me an entire month to feel better and that was with medications, the new one is very nasty - best wishes as you all recover.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter