• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where oh where can I find a XBox Series X console??

Avery&Todd

DIS Veteran
So DS has asked for the new XBox Series X and I know it came out on Nov 11th but I can't find it ANYWHERE on-line on in a store..what am I missing?

I've signed up for email notifications to alert me when they come in stock to order them but nothing..

Anyone have any luck???

In the same boat. I'm really wishing I would have pre-ordered it a few months back and am hoping I can find one somewhere before Christmas. Basically, I have some links to all the big ones, and a few small sites that I'm checking on and off, lol. Best Buy, Walmart, Sams\Costco, New Egg, B&H etc. etc. Didn't think they would literally be sold out everywhere across the board!

I'm trying to track down a PS5. Looks like this will be an after Christmas purchase. With everyone stuck at home, the sales for these new consoles are through the roof.

Twitter is the best place to find what times Xbox, PS5, and graphics cards go on sale. I follow IGN Deals and was able to get a PS5 on launch day.

Graphics cards are a challenge. They are gone in minutes.

It is a hot item for this Christmas and will be hard to get. As far as I understand it stroes will not have physical stock on shelves at all and will only fulfill online orders. Keep checking and follow the gaming news as there may be a restock.

Microsoft couldn't even fill all of the preorders for some stores and are now being told they won't be in stock until after the first of the year. You will be incredibly lucky to fine one in stores or online. If you have the money you could pay a scalper double for that they cost.

Sadly I think you'll be out of luck snagging either new system in time for Christmas unless you head to Ebay. Prices at a glance run from $850 and (way) up.

EDIT: If you have Twitter, follow wario64, as he (they?) are posting where to get one faster than anyone (for both consoles). Also I was just informed that GameStop will have both on Black Friday, in-store only, so that might be an option if one is near you. Get there super early though!

Last edited:
I checked with DS and he said that he's ok with no Series X (for now) and said that an expansion card would work too....

phew!

Keep your eyes and ears to the tech news outlets. There had been multiple waves of preordering going on. Of course, bots have snatched up a lot of the consoles for either system. I preordered my XSX on the first wave of preorders at Best Buy and picked mine up on day one. I have a feeling that we'll see more XSX and XSS in stores by spring. Because...
Honestly, there really isn’t a compelling need to have one yet. There are no must have exclusive games.
This statement right here. Many of the titles are optimized for this and prior generation. The PS5 has more of the feel of a different generation than Xbox does. It might be well into Spring before we see them on shelves regularly.
I agree. My One X works great and when it quits working is when I'll upgrade.
I'm kind of the same with PS5. I'm waiting until either the holiday season of 2021, or well into 2022 to buy one. Depends on what is going on in life for me. My OG PS4 is still performing like a champ (albeit a tad noisy). Besides, my next priority purchase is a Radeon RX6000 series video card next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter