Where should I get a platinum pass?

jlines

Mouseketeer
A super grover pass at Sesame Place is $194 with the $8 Fed Ex option showing. This would only be good til the end of 2012.

SWSD is $269.99 (with no sales tax?), SWSA same price (but over $20 in sales tax). Neither show a Fed Ex option for those dwelling the US. This is good for 2 full years from date of purchase.

BGW is $302 including tax, shows the Fed Ex option, and is good for the 2 full years.

All of the above state that it must be used at home park first, but I have read of others using the SGP at other places first. We are going to FL in October and since the pass at the FL parks runs over $400 we obviously don't want to buy it there.

Has anyone ever bought a pass at the other parks with the Fed Ex option and used it elsewhere first? My first choice would be to get it at SWSD but if that's not possible I'll look at other options.

TIA for any insight anyone can give!:)

I get the Super Grover Pass every year. We live in NC and almost always use the pass at other parks first before we make it to Sesame Place. I priced other passes and they were either more money or you had to use them at the Sea World park in TX or CA first, which was not an option. Once you get the season pass, they also offer you a 25% off option to renew every year.

Just make sure that you have the passes mailed to you - do not do the eticket option. They are a great deal - you also get free premium parking at the parks and food/gift shop discounts.

You have some options, but be aware that the rules are you have to use first at your home park. I know other have had success, but be prepared if it does't work out for you.

I live in Orlando and purchased the Super grover ( platinum pass) in March from Sesame Place for $139.00. It expired 1/1/12. I live close to Busch Garden, Sea World and Aquatica. Love it! I have privldges at all parks, but have no plans to attend them. I use prefered parking (free) at every visit and receive all platinum pass privledges. I paid the $8.00 to have the pass mailed to me and activated it for first use at Sea World and have never had a problem. The price is right and a perfect pass for my husband and I. We would never had purchased the Platinum at the regular price.

I live in Orlando and purchased the Super grover ( platinum pass) in March from Sesame Place for $139.00. It expired 1/1/12. I live close to Busch Garden, Sea World and Aquatica. Love it! I have privldges at all parks, but have no plans to attend them. I use prefered parking (free) at every visit and receive all platinum pass privledges. I paid the $8.00 to have the pass mailed to me and activated it for first use at Sea World and have never had a problem. The price is right and a perfect pass for my husband and I. We would never had purchased the Platinum at the regular price.

That Seasame Place promo usually begin around black Friday and runs until the next March/April. If you can wait, I would wait til then. I purchase Sesame Place Grover's each year during promo fir that $140ish rate. Have used some first at Sea World Orlando, others first at Aquatica. Never had a problem. If you pay for FedEx you get turnstile ready Platinum Season Passes. Take ID for first entry and you will have to get finger print scan. After that they ask for finger print only. They ask kids their first name to verify. I actaully used the tickets for first time ever at Seasame Place 2 weekends ago. I found the benefits to be better at SeaWorld! LOL. No preferred seating at the shows at Seasame Place, my fav benefit at SeaWorld! 30% discount for food at Seasame and only 10% at SeaWorld, but SeaWorld food is MUCH better.

Well I talked to a rep at SWSD today and she said as a courtesy they would activate our PP and mail them to us all ready to go. $269.99 for 2 full years from today. My email confirmation says e tickets so hopefully she is activating them and mailing them as she said. I'm excited as this works out to a great deal for 2 full years of entertainment.

We have been getting a Cedar Fair PP every year since CF bought Kings Island which gives us 2 great parks in our backyard. This has enabled us to visit other CF parks for no cost and get free parking so I was very interested to learn that Busch Ent. offers this too. Obviously they came up with the idea first so I'm glad CF hopped on the bandwagon.

Now we will of course visit KD when we go to BGW and WC next year!

Thanks to everyone for your insightful input :)

Well I talked to a rep at SWSD today and she said as a courtesy they would activate our PP and mail them to us all ready to go. $269.99 for 2 full years from today. My email confirmation says e tickets so hopefully she is activating them and mailing them as she said. I'm excited as this works out to a great deal for 2 full years of entertainment.

We have been getting a Cedar Fair PP every year since CF bought Kings Island which gives us 2 great parks in our backyard. This has enabled us to visit other CF parks for no cost and get free parking so I was very interested to learn that Busch Ent. offers this too. Obviously they came up with the idea first so I'm glad CF hopped on the bandwagon.

Now we will of course visit KD when we go to BGW and WC next year!

Thanks to everyone for your insightful input :)

Sounds great. Keep us updated. I didn't know about the Super Grover passs. We are not going until May 2012 so I'm going to hold on until around Black Friday like another poster suggested and purchase then. We were planning on doing Discovery Cove as well.

Our activated passes came in the mail on Saturday along with vouchers for each of us to bring a friend (including PP perks) complimentary. Now to find 2 people who would like to vacation in San Diego within the next 2 years......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter