Where should we eat on our last night?

mefordis

If you can dream it, you can do it.
We are going to DLR in 3 weeks and staying for 5 nights. We are a family of 4 with two kids 10 and 14. I am trying to decide where to eat dinner on our last night. This is what we have planned so far:

Steakhouse 55
Blue Bayou
Cafe Orleans lunch
Lamplight lounge
Ralph Brennan's

Any advice on where to eat dinner on our last night? Thanks so much!

You could do Carthay Circle if you don't mind spending the cash. Or Carnation Cafe for a great meal or Plaza Inn for some fantastic fried chicken. Or one of my favorites, Rancho Del Zocalo.

I would also vote for Carnation Cafe (if you want a TS location in the parks) or Plaza Inn (if you want a CS meal in the parks). While not healthy or organized, another favorite thing to do is just much our way through the parks (e.g., churros, popcorn, a raspberry Mickey macaron from Jolly Holiday, a whoopie pie or ice cream sandwich from Schmoozies, poutine from Red Rose Taverne, etc.).

Orrrrr....keep it even easier by NOT having a reservation to just grab corn dogs and stroll along Main Street.

Thanks for the suggestion but we aren't really hot dog eaters and I really don't like to eat while I walk around.

What about Downtown Disney? Anything to recommend there? Thanks for the suggestions!

Storyteller's is one of our favorite places to eat. There's the buffet (which my DH sometimes does) or the menu, which has a lot of good choices (and they're great about working with my allergies).

Steakhouse 55 -yes, amazing.
Blue Bayou - only if you're doing it to get Fantasmic seating
Cafe Orleans lunch - I enjoyed our dinner there
Lamplight lounge - I haven't heard great reviews yet but the consensus is that the ambiance is fantastic and the food is ok. I imagine it will get better with time. I plan on trying it anyway on our next trip so go for it!
Ralph Brennan's - No.

I would stay in the parks personally. The downtown Disney restaurants are good/fine but I wouldn't consider them terribly special on a trip. The only exception is Steakhouse 55 - it's soooooooo good. I guess I just wouldn't want to plan to be out of the park on my last evening.

Maybe you could do Steakhouse 55 on your second to last night then do a little cheaper dinner and fireworks on your last night.

I hope you have a great time!

We're planning Steakhouse 55 for our breakfast on our check-out/non-park day so we don't use park time. Hitting park restaurants on days we're in the park (Cafe Orleans, Lamplight Lounge, Wine Country Trattoria, and Red Rose Taverne). A mix of table service, and quick service. Looking forward to trying out mobile ordering on this trip. Naples in Downtown Disney on our check-in/non-park day.

I'm another for Carnation Cafe. The food is great and everyone should find something to eat there. Portion sizes are on the larger size too. We never have room for dessert.

We are going to DLR in 3 weeks and staying for 5 nights. We are a family of 4 with two kids 10 and 14. I am trying to decide where to eat dinner on our last night. This is what we have planned so far:

Steakhouse 55
Blue Bayou
Cafe Orleans lunch
Lamplight lounge
Ralph Brennan's

Any advice on where to eat dinner on our last night? Thanks so much!
Aloha,
Any thoughts of Carnation Cafe?
Good luck with Steakhouse 55. My son and I had bad experiences there last December both for diner and breakfast. So bad, my family is skipping it this July during our DLR visit.
Recommend to consider Blue Bayou Fantasmic Lunch. Get the 11:30 AM reservation and ask for a rail table.

Good luck with Steakhouse 55. My son and I had bad experiences there last December both for diner and breakfast. So bad, my family is skipping it this July during our DLR visit.

We had a mediocre experience when we went to Steakhouse 55 a couple years ago. We'd been going there somewhat regularly (2-4 times a year) and then had really poor service one time (on my birthday). We took a couple years off then went this last December (for DH's company holiday dinner) and it was really good - service and food.

So we decided to go over for our anniversary (we did Napa Rose for Father's Day so wanted something different). We just got home and sad to say, won't be going back again for a while. It wasn't bad per se, it just wasn't that great. The food was mostly decent (the beets in the beet salad tasted like dirt). The 24 layer cake is as good as ever. But the service was vvveeerrryyy slow. Like seated about 7:40, order taken about 7:55-8:00, first food finally showed up around 8:30-8:40. Had to ask for a 2nd cocktail, water wasn't refilled regularly, etc. Not horrendous, but not up to Napa Rose standards, or really, even Storytellers standards. It's just sad knowing how great it all used to be there. :(

I think I"m going to be skipping Steakhouse 55 on our first night and maybe add Catal? Thoughts on this? Carnation Cafe sounds great for our last night! Or Cathay Circle?

We like Napa Rose. Food is good and most of the staff know our family. They treat us like royality

My last time at Catal was about 18 months ago, which reminds me we need to go there again soon. Food & service were both good - they didn't seem to mind waiting for the rest of our party to show up super late (we were pretty mad, though - and we tipped the waiter accordingly). We could see fireworks from out on the balcony, which was cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter