• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where should we eat?

For me it would be Plaza Inn. I prefer a couple of sit downs but with limited time I would go with Plaza. Love the inside and outside seating depending whats going on and love the fried chicken!!!

I would pick Blue Bayou. I know some folks think its overpriced for what you get, but you are paying for the atmosphere (although I've never had bad food there). The ride is inside the Pirates of the Caribbean and its so cool to watch the boats go by. If you've done Blue Bayou before, or if you don't want to shell out that much money, I think Carnation Cafe is also another solid choice. Outdoor seating is great for people watching and the food is excellent (and priced well).

I would vote Carnation Cafe. My favorite there is breakfast but then you miss out on short lines at opening. Unless you do a later breakfast time - ride first, then Mickey Waffle!

If you don't want to pay Blue Bayou prices, Cafe Orleans is a great option. The Monte Cristo there is the same as inside Blue Bayou at a more affordable price.

At DCA, we like the Wine Country Trattoria. The bar upstairs is a nice option if you are adults only - there are appetizers as well as beverages. Went to Lamplight Lounge for the first time a couple of weeks ago. The food was ok. Drinks were fun.

Don't forget a churro. Or some Dole Whip. Or a corn dog from the Little Red Wagon.

I would pick Blue Bayou. I know some folks think its overpriced for what you get, but you are paying for the atmosphere (although I've never had bad food there). The ride is inside the Pirates of the Caribbean and its so cool to watch the boats go by. If you've done Blue Bayou before, or if you don't want to shell out that much money, I think Carnation Cafe is also another solid choice. Outdoor seating is great for people watching and the food is excellent (and priced well).

This is my vote too: Blue Bayou waterside table, or Carnation Cafe.

Disneyland table service: Blue Bayou

Disneyland counter service: Plaza Inn

California Adventures table service: Carthay Circle

Fancy hotel table service: Napa Rose chef’s counter

For an upscale treat my picks are Carthay Circle and Napa Rose. I've had good service and food at both places.

For a good sit down in the parks I head to Carnation Cafe (DL) or the Alfresco Tasting Terrace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter