• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to buy men's trousers, skinny man

PrincessShmoo

DIS veteran
Pretty much that's the dilemma. My son isn't particularly tall (5'10") but only about 100 pounds. Long legs. The smallest (around) men's pants we can find are too short for him, by about 3-4 inches. And we still have to have them altered to fit his waist.

I'll second American Eagle, A&F and add Hollister - all tend to have pants in the 28 or 29 inch waist sizes, which are not easy to find everywhere. Plus, the cut of many of their pants tend to be skinny already. My older son primarily wears Hollister pants - size 29/32

Banana Republic Factory Store will usually carry and 28 waist with a longer length. My son is almost 6 feet tall and when he was in high school we had a horrible time getting pants to fit him for the same reason. American Eagle worked well for jeans but "trousers" were tough.

If you have an H&M near you, try them. They carry a slimmer, European cut that might work out. My son finds lots of more mature looking clothing/suiting there that fits a slim/tall build.

If you have an H&M near you, try them. They carry a slimmer, European cut that might work out. My son finds lots of more mature looking clothing/suiting there that fits a slim/tall build.

This. I was just at H&M today buying pants for DH. They have slim fit pants as well as skinny fit pants which are even more tapered, and they have this fit in both work-style slacks as well as jeans. Their sizing also tends to run small, so their smallest size may fit him. Good luck!

My slim son (also about 5'10" and a 28" waist -- he's about 115 lbs though, so your son might be even smaller) has had good luck at American Eagle and H&M. My son wears 28x32 and I know our AE carries those in the store, but I believe they have an even bigger selection online (smaller waists, more length options, etc.)

My slim son (also about 5'10" and a 28" waist -- he's about 115 lbs though, so your son might be even smaller) has had good luck at American Eagle and H&M. My son wears 28x32 and I know our AE carries those in the store, but I believe they have an even bigger selection online (smaller waists, more length options, etc.)

Is AE carrying dress pants now? They weren't when my son was buying from them.

Definitely online has more. My son was like a 29W 34L. We used to find them only online, but it was just jeans.

Definitely online has more. My son was like a 29W 34L. We used to find them only online, but it was just jeans.

They sell khakis - nothing too dressy, but not denim (e.g. good enough for Catholic school dress code :) )

They sell khakis - nothing too dressy, but not denim (e.g. good enough for Catholic school dress code :) )

They have khaki-style pants in several colors and jeans, but some of the khakis are "nice pants" (I'd call them business casual -- no cargo pockets, etc.) They're suitable for 95% of what my son needs -- school, work, church, etc. He has two pairs of dress pants from H&M if he really needs to get dressed up, but he wears his AE pants most of the time.

They have khaki-style pants in several colors and jeans, but some of the khakis are "nice pants" (I'd call them business casual -- no cargo pockets, etc.) They're suitable for 95% of what my son needs -- school, work, church, etc. He has two pairs of dress pants from H&M if he really needs to get dressed up, but he wears his AE pants most of the time.

Yeah, just probably a definition/word thing for me. I always think of "trousers" as dressy dress pants. Then there's khakis, then jeans. But, yeah, I realize that the definition of trousers covers the gamut of all pants. My mind just jumped to dress pants.

My son is a 28/34 and they are hard to find. He gets jeans at Hollister, they have some khaki-colored ones but I don't know about actual dress pants.

As an UN-skinny man, I'd say any store. That's all the stores seem to have when I shop for trousers.:flower1:

Thanks for the suggestions. Will check them out. His size is 27/30. A 28/30 would work.

Sadly, he needs black/navy pants for his job, so khakis won't work.

Land's end - you can get the size 18/20 slim boys hemmed to whatever length you need (we need black dress pants for concerts for my 5'7 100lb 13 year old 28/34, the boy is ALL legs).

I order jeans for him from Amazon. Levis 511 slim fit, 28/32.

Try Carhartt. I know they aren't "dress pants", but they are uniform pants that come in many sizes and colors. My last job I took care of the uniforms and I couldn't believe some of the oddball sizes we had in inventory.

My son is about the same size. We found Old Navy skinny fits him well, it would be skin tight on normal people but it looks nice on him. Slim fit is too baggy. They do have skinny pants in navy and black. They would be a more casual like khakis.

I tried on a pair of 32/32 from Urban Outfitters years ago and couldn’t get them past my thighs and I’m 5’11 and 180lbs, ecto-meso build....try them maybe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter