• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to buy men's trousers, skinny man

Both of my boys were tall and super skinny. All thru high school, they wore American eagle jeans. They make slimmer styles with smaller waists and longer legs.

Now that they are college aged, and still tall and skinny, they wear J crew jeans and kakhis. They start at a 29 waist in stores. Might get a smaller size online.

Depends on the manufacturer. A lot of trousers are sold in a single waist size and have unfinished hems. Heck - one time I bought some khakis that had unfinished hems, although the tailoring was included in the price.

I was thinking maybe Haggar, but the smallest waist size I find on their website is 29 inches. If it were jeans, Levi's is pretty easy as they have men's sizes down to 26 inches. You might also consider boys sizes.

Depends on the manufacturer. A lot of trousers are sold in a single waist size and have unfinished hems. Heck - one time I bought some khakis that had unfinished hems, although the tailoring was included in the price.

I was thinking maybe Haggar, but the smallest waist size I find on their website is 29 inches. If it were jeans, Levi's is pretty easy as they have men's sizes down to 26 inches. You might also consider boys sizes.
The problem with boy's sizes is they just aren't long enough. Even the ones that aren't finished. Since they're "for boys" they don't include a lot of extra length.

The problem with boy's sizes is they just aren't long enough. Even the ones that aren't finished. Since they're "for boys" they don't include a lot of extra length.

OK. Well I was thinking maybe Men's Wearhouse, but the smallest they list is a 28 inch waist.

He might need a custom tailor. Have you thought of maybe a trip to the Fashion District?

OK. Well I was thinking maybe Men's Wearhouse, but the smallest they list is a 28 inch waist.

He might need a custom tailor. Have you thought of maybe a trip to the Fashion District?
He could do a 28 inch waist. We have a tailor he's worked with before, if necessary. But, for one inch, he could just belt it a little tighter.

His biggest issue (well, besides the fact that he's hard to fit) is money. He's hoping to get a couple of decent pants for work that will last a while, and not a lot of money. He's had the ones he currently wears for about 3 years and his white socks sticking out of the bottom of his black pants is just way too obvious now.

My 14 yo son is skinny and all legs. I was able to order 26 waist 34 length pants from JCPenney online. They don’t carry them in store, but have them online. They carry several sizes online that aren’t in the store.(Arizona brand, I believe) And you can usually find them on sale. Good luck!!

Lands End or LL Bean perhaps? They have a large range of waist sizes, fabric choices and frequently run sales. Both let you choose the desired inseam for no additional charge. Online is the best place to buy pants since they typically let you choose the inseam and hem for you. In store purchases (like Kohl's) don't do hemming and usually only carry the most common combinations of waist/inseam sizes.

My 14 yo son is skinny and all legs. I was able to order 26 waist 34 length pants from JCPenney online. They don’t carry them in store, but have them online. They carry several sizes online that aren’t in the store.(Arizona brand, I believe) And you can usually find them on sale. Good luck!!
Sadly, our local JC Penney closed. I'll pass the info along to him.

Lands End or LL Bean perhaps? They have a large range of waist sizes, fabric choices and frequently run sales. Both let you choose the desired inseam for no additional charge. Online is the best place to buy pants since they typically let you choose the inseam and hem for you. In store purchases (like Kohl's) don't do hemming and usually only carry the most common combinations of waist/inseam sizes.
Yep - LL Bean! I have a tall thin son. When he started college he was 6'5, 165 pounds. We've ordered all his pants from LL Bean ever since Middle School. They have all sorts of styles and cuts to choose from.

Yep - LL Bean! I have a tall thin son. When he started college he was 6'5, 165 pounds. We've ordered all his pants from LL Bean ever since Middle School. They have all sorts of styles and cuts to choose from.
Just checked the LLBean website. Smallest waist size they have is 30.

They have separate men & boys sections. Not sure if you are looking for adult clothing or for someone younger.

Thanks for the suggestions. Will check them out. His size is 27/30. A 28/30 would work.

Sadly, he needs black/navy pants for his job, so khakis won't work.

I have to get my ds black pants for work, he wears a 28 or 29/30. I get them at Aeropostale, the "skinny" pant fits him well.
They come in Navy as well.

Suit Supply.. for dress clothes .. suits, slacks, shirts. They also carry casual clothes ( shoes/ties/etc)
Of course,this isn’t a typical retailer as in a mall, so the cost is indicative of that.
Good for those slimmer builds that need alterations, done on site.

Suit Supply.. for dress clothes .. suits, slacks, shirts. They also carry casual clothes ( shoes/ties/etc)
Of course,this isn’t a typical retailer as in a mall, so the cost is indicative of that.
Good for those slimmer builds that need alterations, done on site.
Um.. thanks, but I don't think his budget can handle those prices.

For dressy trousers we go to Macy's and look for "modern fit" pants. Nordstrom rack has a good selection also. For casual slacks my son wears 'ultimate slim" pants from Old Navy and they fit him perfectly. We buy them online for their full selection of height/length combos. They never have the right size in the store.

I got my son his orchestra performance slacks at Kohls. Slim fit and they had 28 waist and 30-36 length.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter