where to change a diaper?

saymama

Mouseketeer
Okay, I've talked about my chunck already. He's 4 yrs old and 62 lbs. Where can I change his diaper in the parks? I'm sure that the table things don't hold that much weight. What's my other options?

Bring a pad and use a companion HC restroom. if need be you can then put pad on the floor and him on it. also perhaps the Babycare centers may have more room etc.

Wow, little chunk is right. And I was complaining about having to lift and change my 50 lb 6 yr old DS.

Well, most of the changing stations accommodated changing my DS quite nicely, but some were better than others. The older parks (MK and EPCOT) were most problematic with only certain changing stations able to handle us, but the newer ones (MGM and esp AKL) were a breeze. The pad on the floor strategy is generally a good one where the station does not accommodate, but was problematic at the one near on the TeaCups' end of the Castle where there was water on the floor (yuck! :crazy2: ). Interestingly enough, in my observation, the more "futuristic" the theme (eg Future World @Epcot and Tomorrowland @MK) the less accommodating the facilities are to our needs.
:laughing:

You can also go to First Aid in any of the parks. They have cots in cubicles with curtains, or it you want more privacy, they have some exam rooms with doors.
The cots may not sound very substantial, but they are sort of similar to doctors exam tables. The ones in the cubicles are low to the floor (kind of bed height). The ones in the rooms are more like regular exam tables.
Some of the restrooms and a few of the companion restrooms have changing tables that are sturdy (kind of like shelves connected to wall on 3 sides). They might not be long enough though.

Ooh Sue! Of course! I was wondering what I would do in the future once DS gets much bigger, and the 1st Aid station sound like just the thing. Still there are a few restrooms in the parks that are big enough and strong enough to serve for changing a larger child or an adult. First Aid stations add a bunch more locations for us to change our diaper-wearing loved ones.

Thx again Sue.

In AK the Baby Station is pretty nice. They have little "rooms" and they also have changing tables that are pretty large, but a little short. How long is DS? Of course the FA Stations sound great as well.

We're gonna use GoodNights in the parks. You can change em standing up. They don't last quite as long as Pampers but they hold more than Pullups.

Will, my monkey, is 47 in. and 62 lbs. We use goodnights all the time because that's the only thing that will fit him. Changing in when he's wet it not the problem. I think I'll just play it by ear. Look for the first aid and baby stations.

Wow, Saymama, he is a big boy! I take my son (that will be 4 in a couple of days) into the handicapped restroom and just sit on the toilet and change him while he is standing up. I have mastered changing a diaper standing up, lol.
Just curious, what size diapers do you use? Mine is in 6's and I am wondering what we are going to use when he gets bigger.

we are in the Mediums of the huggies goodnights. Much more expensive and less in a pack, but you do what you have to. Med is the smallest size that is in goodnights. Much neater than the medical supply diapers that I was shown. and cheaper than those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter