Where to complain about Mousekeeping?

dhardawa

DIS Veteran
We just returned from 7 days at Pop Century. Out of 7 days, our room was made up 3 of those days (1 being arrival day).

We left the room around 9:00 each day and arrived back between 3:00 and 4:00. I never complained because once we were back, we wanted to rest and not be forced to leave the room for cleaning. We were getting clean towels from the pool and trash was overflowing. One day, I put the trash out. They took the trash, but didn’t clean the room.

Here’s the thing. I saw the people who cleaned my room. They were working hard and when they room was cleaned, s/he was very efficient and did a great job. I think they were just overworked and had too many rooms assigned to each person to complete. Based on other things I saw at Disney, I would guess this is another cost cutting measure.

I would like to let Disney know, but I’m not sure where to send something like this.

Did you see them near your room when you were going back to rest? Is it possible that your room was to be done fairly late in the day, and they skipped over you as you were in the room?

Just wondering. I wouldn't have been happy with the lack of housekeeping either.

We just returned from 7 days at Pop Century. Out of 7 days, our room was made up 3 of those days (1 being arrival day).

We left the room around 9:00 each day and arrived back between 3:00 and 4:00. I never complained because once we were back, we wanted to rest and not be forced to leave the room for cleaning. We were getting clean towels from the pool and trash was overflowing. One day, I put the trash out. They took the trash, but didn’t clean the room.

Here’s the thing. I saw the people who cleaned my room. They were working hard and when they room was cleaned, s/he was very efficient and did a great job. I think they were just overworked and had too many rooms assigned to each person to complete. Based on other things I saw at Disney, I would guess this is another cost cutting measure.

I would like to let Disney know, but I’m not sure where to send something like this.
The time to complain is while you are there.
What did you do with your wet towels?

The time to complain is while you are there.
What did you do with your wet towels?

They just piled up. If I had complained when I was there, we would have had to leave the room and I didn’t want to do that. I’m not upset with the housekeeping, but someone needs to know that they’re not able to clean all the rooms and it’s impacting the guests. It’s less about me and more about future guests

Did you see them near your room when you were going back to rest? Is it possible that your room was to be done fairly late in the day, and they skipped over you as you were in the room?

Just wondering. I wouldn't have been happy with the lack of housekeeping either.

We saw them near the room all the time. Once the guy knocked around 8:00am and I told him we’d be gone in an hour. No one ever came back that day.

Email them. In the future, you should mention it while you’re there. Go say something the first time it happens. In the past I’ve said something along the lines of, “would it be possible to request our room be cleaned in the morning tomorrow? It was overlooked today, and we want to rest now.”

I had something similar happen at the Polynesian in April. I mentioned it at the desk the first time it happened and requested housekeeping come by in the morning the following day. The following day when we returned to our room around 2, it hadn’t been cleaned. I called and mentioned it again and asked if someone could just come and empty our trash and bring fresh towels while we were at the pool. I was told no problem, yet when we returned, no one had been in our room. After showering and resting, I called again on our way back out for the evening and mentioned that I had already requested twice to have someone please empty our trash and bring us fresh towels, but no one had been there. I was assured it would happen while we were out that evening. When we got back, no one had been in our room again!! It was getting very late at this point, my daughter was exhausted, and we ended up walking back to the desk to complain again. In requested a manager this time, and she was very apologetic. She called housekeeping and got someone to clean our room immediately. While the housekeeper was in our room, the manager took DD (and me) to the gift shop and told DD she could pick out anything she wanted. She assured me it wouldn’t happen again, and it didn’t.

In the scenario you describe, I would have phoned housekeeping either immediately upon discovering the problem and told them what time range I'd like them to do the cleaning, or I'd have called them as soon as I finished resting. It's more useful to mention problems as soon as you get the chance after they occur. Now that your trip is over, all you can do is email Guest Communications as recommended above.

Unfortunately, I've observed that if the room is occupied the first time they go by, they may conclude that they don't have to clean it that day, unless you phone housekeeping and tell them when they can clean it. Someone I spoke with by phone in the housekeeping department actually told me this.

I prefer a practice that I've observed with some other hotel chains, that if they go by and the room is occupied, they will either try again later, or they leave you a notecard asking you to let them know when you'd like housekeeping.

It does not hurt to send an email now, however I agree the time to have addressed this issue was when you were there. If you have a specific time that you want the room cleaned, and you indicate that the time the staff is arriving is not acceptable, you really need to share your timeframe. They cannot know what you do not tell them.

I have been in the room when the housekeeping staff arrive, and I told them I was just leaving, or let them know when I was going to leave. I think adding information for them is pretty important so they know you have not declined, you have postponed the service.

If you have a specific time that you want the room cleaned, and you indicate that the time the staff is arriving is not acceptable, you really need to share your timeframe. They cannot know what you do not tell them.

Yep. I've called Housekeeping from the room phone (that button does seem to go through to actual Housekeeping, unlike the Front Desk that doesn't go to the Front Desk) and scheduled things.

And the Grand Floridian Villas housekeeper was fine doing stuff in our room while we were there. I got to see how many steps were involved in making the bed, and had increased positive feelings about all they do from that!

I'm sure they would have cleaned your room with you in there. Or at a time you asked for, if you had asked for it while there.

We just left yesterday and had housekeeping issues too. We did contact them right away though and they were great at resolving. The manager of housekeeping, Mario Gonzalez, checked in with us multiple times. I would recommend emailing Mario and just letting him know what issues you had. Hopefully they can use your experience to improve future guests experiences.

mario.n.gonzalez@disney.com

During one of our trips we realized we were towards the end of the cleaning schedule. The housekeepers seemed to be around when we were in our room resting during our daily afternoon break.

On morning three we called housekeeping and asked if it was possible to have our room cleaned between 8 and 1.

They were happy to meet our needs.

We skipped housekeeping this trip. Made 80 buck gift card. Made no difference to us. Took our trash to a large bin outside once during the trip. Took our towels to 5he pool return when they piled up. Had no other reason to have them there.

I agree with others. You should have contacted them the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter