Where to complain about Mousekeeping?

the OPs point is giving feedback to make future improvements which i think is completely valid. im that sort of guest myself, as i appreciate that sort of feedback at my job as well. i often send feedback later because i didnt want to complain at the time, but i want things to be improved for future customers. i think thats admirable!

Email them. In the future, you should mention it while you’re there. Go say something the first time it happens. In the past I’ve said something along the lines of, “would it be possible to request our room be cleaned in the morning tomorrow? It was overlooked today, and we want to rest now.”

I tried that but my housekeeper didn't speak English. :confused3 She didn't appear to understand what I was saying, so I gave up.

If I see the housekeeper outside my room in the hallway, why wouldn't I speak to her?
1) Because she might not know much English, as you discovered.
2) Because you could be assigned a different housekeeper each day, and your housekeeper does not coordinate among the other housekeepers. So if your request in any way pertains to future days, you'll get better results talking to your housekeeping phone line.

On the other hand, if you're just requesting a bar of soap or something like that, it's fine to ask your housekeeper directly.

In all my trips I only had one slight issue with the room. I went to the front desk and she called the housekeeping mgr who spoke to me. They were very helpful. You should always bring it up while there but there's no harm in emailing them after.

I don't want this thread to devolve, but my first thought was that if housekeeping missed several days of OP's stay, the room likely didn't get the daily security checks on those days either.

I also wonder if the room was simply missed by mistake. With so many people opting out of housekeeping at this point, I can imagine it leads to rooms who DO want it being inadvertently overlooked.

If I see the housekeeper outside my room in the hallway, why wouldn't I speak to her?

You can, however is the housekeeper does not have enough English, you will have a disconnect. You also need to follow up with the housekeeping supervisor in order to be sure that the others who may be assigned to your room know what you want.

I tried that but my housekeeper didn't speak English. :confused3 She didn't appear to understand what I was saying, so I gave up.
In all the many years I’ve stayed onsite I have not come across a housekeeper that did not speak/understand English. The housekeeping supervisor is the one you should talk to if you ever have an issue and do it while you are there. They are very helpful and can take care of the problem asap.

Should have been dealt with while there. When you first noticed room wasn’t getting cleaned. A stop at the desk on your way out to request daily room cleaning in the morning or by what ever time works for you would have resolved matters.

In all the many years I’ve stayed onsite I have not come across a housekeeper that did not speak/understand English. The housekeeping supervisor is the one you should talk to if you ever have an issue and do it while you are there. They are very helpful and can take care of the problem asap.
I just did a few weeks ago at WL. I saw housekeeping lady in hall near my room and stopped to ask her something. Her English was very minimal. I gave up, it wasn’t that important and when I returned to room I just phoned.

I would recommend calling housekeeping from your room phone or stopping by the desk. Housekeepers you see outside your room may or may not be assigned to your room or even know what to do with the scenario of your room being overlooked. I once tried to give some used towels to a housekeeper I saw outside our room (we had opted out of housekeeping), and she didn’t want to take them. :confused3 I ended up taking them to the towel drop at the pool.

The time I had housekeeping issues at the Polynesian, I tried to resolve it on the phone and at the front desk. The really strange thing is that we had the “room occupied” sign on our door while we were showering and resting in our room after the pool. We could hear the housekeeping cart outside our room and housekeeping in the rooms nearby, but no one knocked on our door. We were kind of expecting it as part of the daily security check, but it never happened. Moreover, I know many people who have used the “room occupied” have received a separate security check; we never received that. The first day we were kind of relieved, but when our room was skipped twice in a row, we actually kind of wished we had received a security check so that we could request housekeeping!

In all the many years I’ve stayed onsite I have not come across a housekeeper that did not speak/understand English.
This has been my experience as well. I'm not saying that I might not happen I just think most speak English. I always talk to the Mousekeepers in the hall and they are always friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter