• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to eat after the marathon?

Tom Morrow

Earning My Ears
DW is running the full marathon in Jan and she wanted to goto the Poly for dinner after. Unfortunately they are not doing the Luau that evening. She's looking for a celebration dinner that has the same atmosphere as the Luau(which we loved), but not necessairly Hawaiian themed. We have done Hoopdedoo and were not huge fans.

Thanks for any suggestions.

How exciting for your wife to be running the WDW marathon! We participated in the half marathon last year and it is truly a wonderful event! For dinner that night we went to DTD and the Rainforest Cafe. There are celebration events that night at Pleasure Island so we wanted to be close to the action. Have you thought about having dinner somewhere in DTD and joining the evening celebrations with all the other participants? We are hoping to go this year and volunteer with the marathon.
Have a great time and I wish you DW lots of marathon luck! :)
Dawn

I highly recommend 'Ohana at the Poly. Great atmosphere, and the food (IMHO) is much better that the Luau.

If I ran the marathon I think I would need dinner in bed :teeth:

Best celebration at WDW is Chef Mickeys, twirling napkins and all.

Here's the thing... at about mile 13 the runner starts to get hungry. After the race, the runner is STARVED! You will need to get the runner somewhere to eat QUICKLY.

When I ran the marathon, I was craving, of all things, a BIG MAC! I hate McDonalds but the marathon will do some wacky things to your brain. As soon as I got my medal I headed to McD's and had a BIg Mac.

So your runner will probably eat a huge meal right after the race. I don't know what time the race is being held, but plan on having your big meal right after the race.

A buffet would be best because the runner can reload on all those carbs.

Oh, and the best tip I can give... have the runner carry a few jolly ranchers candies for brain sugar. Hitting the wall is no fun.

Originally posted by PrincessDadx2
If I ran the marathon I think I would need dinner in bed :teeth:

Don't laugh, but after I did the marathon that IS where I spent dinner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter