• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to eat at City Walk(USH)?

AspiringCindy

<font color=FF66FF>Craved Spam.....the unidentifie
There seems to be a lot of options...any of them good?
How is Karl Strauss?

Both Karl Strauss and Hardrock were very good. Small but good Harley Hog shop for those who like bikes..

Good eating,

Jack pirate:

Hi Cindy,

I love Karl Strauss, they have the best sandwiches ever. PitFire Pizza is great too. I used to work for USH for a few years, it was the best job ever. There are tons of ideas on CityWalk, I can't really think of a "bad" place to eat.......

Karl Straus is good.... HOWEVER the best place to eat BY FAR!!!! is
"Bucca de Beppo"

AspiringCindy said:
Is Bucca family style?

bucca is the epitome of family style... it is WONDERFUL.... I go there on a regular basis.

They walk you through the Kitchen to get to you seats... it's a fun time, and WONDERFUL food

(no i don't work there....hehehehe)

... i just went to their website, and it makes the place look cheeeeezy corp. crap .... (IT'S NOT)

FYI, with Bucca. If it says Garlic Bread that means it is Garlic bread with Almond style slices of Garlic. I got the shock of my life when I bit into the bread and got my slice of garlic. It was hilarious. I was just used to other styles of garlic bread. It was very yummy and the pizzas are as wonderful as the pasta.

spazzyjazzy said:
FYI, with Bucca. If it says Garlic Bread that means it is Garlic bread with Almond style slices of Garlic. I got the shock of my life when I bit into the bread and got my slice of garlic. It was hilarious. I was just used to other styles of garlic bread. It was very yummy and the pizzas are as wonderful as the pasta.

great addition... the garlic bread ... FAGETABOUTIT! WOW!

hehehe NICE :teeth:

BLOWZO said:
great addition... the garlic bread ... FAGETABOUTIT! WOW!

hehehe NICE :teeth:
Yes Bucca is great and also quite reasonable $ wise. If I remember right it is down at the other end of the Cityplace from park, but not far. It is big and loud - good if you are afraid the kids will get to fussy and make noise, but my son then 12 though it was TOO LOUD at the USH one, but we have been 6-7 times and is a great place.

I would like to add my vote to Bucca di Beppo too, the place is fabulous and a true definition of family style. For dessert order the Tiramisu, the best you'll ever eat.

If you like surf and turf Gladstone's is delicious.

If you are going a regular week night I would say Saddle Ranch is a lot of fun and you can ride the mechanical bull. If there are only adults in your party a great stop is Howl at the Moon, a bar with dueling piano's. During the weekend these places are a crowded nightmare.

Alice's Mom said:
. . . If you like surf and turf Gladstone's is delicious. . .

Unfortunately, Gladstones at USH has closed -- oh, how I miss that place! The one is Malibu is still open. It is right on the beach overlooking the ocean.

Woody

Here's another vote for Buca di Beppo. We ate there last week.

Our favorite dishes: fried calamari, margherita pizza, and baked ravioli.

Woody

We ate at the Saddle Ranch Chop House on a Thursday night. The food was really good. I'm not one to typically complain and understand isolated incidents however we and several tables around us were having problems with the service being slow among different servers. I understand things happen but the restaurant was not busy at all. But, to top it off, my son's coke refill (they bring a new glass for each refill) had a disgusting foreign object in it and the manager refused to think anyone in his restaurant did it. Between that and his lack of concern, a really tasty meal was ruined.......one we'll never have again.

NostalgicDad said:
. . . But, to top it off, my son's coke refill (they bring a new glass for each refill) had a disgusting foreign object in it and the manager refused to think anyone in his restaurant did it. . .

Thanks for the heads up. I have no interest in dining at a place where the manager is in denial.

Woody

woody73 said:
Unfortunately, Gladstones at USH has closed -- oh, how I miss that place! The one is Malibu is still open. It is right on the beach overlooking the ocean.

Woody

I was going to say the same thing about Gladstone's being gone now. It's supposed to become a Bubba Gump's. When I was there the signs said Summer 2006 and by then it was already...Summer 2006. Do you know if that's been opened yet? I probably won't ever go to it (there was one at the mall in Honolulu and I never went to that one while I lived there), but I'm curious and haven't been for a few weeks.

moikturtle said:
. . . Bubba Gump's. When I was there the signs said Summer 2006 and by then it was already...Summer 2006. Do you know if that's been opened yet?

I was there last week. Another sign says they're accepting job applications.

Woody

I know i sold you all on Bucca :) I just wanted to bring this one up, because I had dinner there a while back, and really enjoyed it....

Camacho's Cantina

here are all the resturants btw taken from
http://www.citywalkhollywood.com/dining_restaurants.html

B.B. King's Blues Club

Located on CityLoft, the second level of CityWalk, B.B. King's Blues Club serves up authentic Southern cuisine and live music seven nights a week. Considered the World's Premier Blues club, B.B.'s also offers a variety of R&B, dance, and world beat artists, as well as national touring acts.

B.B. King's - where you never know who will be sittin' in with the band.

(818) 622-5464

For Groups of 40 or more, click here or call (818) 622-PARTY (7278).

Buca Di Beppo

This authentic immigrant Southern Italian restaurant packs more family style food, flavor and fun into a meal than you will find anywhere this side of Rome.

(818) 509-9463

Cafe Tu Tu Tango

Watch painters and sculptors at work while you enjoy an all appetizer menu with an international eclectic mix.

(818) 769-2222

Camacho's Cantina

A taste of Mexico has arrived at CityWalk and the consensus is "muy bueno!"

(818) 622-3333
(818) 622-3337 for group reservations

Daily Grill

Classic American food just like mom used to make …chicken potpie, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, cobb and caesar salad, fresh fruit cobbler and other homemade desserts.

(818) 760-4448

Hard Rock Cafe

Serves the best down-home American food seasoned with a healthy dose of Rock 'n' Roll.

(818) 622-7625

Karl Strauss Brewery Garden

Southern California's award winning brewery restaurant features American cuisine and 8-10 handcrafted beers served fresh daily. Karl Strauss Brewery Garden overlooks the vibrant central courtyard of Universal CityWalk and is easily visible next to one of the largest beer towers in Southern California with a picture of America's most honored Master Brewer: Karl Strauss. Onsite is a glass-enclosed microbrewery for the viewing pleasure of microbrewery fans.

(818) 753-2739

Saddle Ranch Chop House

The Saddle Ranch Chop House is CityWalk's only rock western steak house.

With the largest bar and outdoor patio at CityWalk, you can either roast your own s'mores or enjoy a glass of wine by the fire.

We feature a live music stage, outdoor dance floor and over 100 monitors and big screens showing all satellite sporting events.

To really get you going, try taking a ride on one of our indoor or outdoor mechanical bulls! Best of all, our Texas sized portions will never let you go hungry!

8:00am- 2:00am, 7 days a week. We validate valet parking- just come in and see us!

(818) 760-9680

Shanghai and Mein

Dim Sum anyone? This noodle and dim sum restaurant features Pan-Asian cuisine with robust flavors in a traditional Shanghai setting, accented by a creative tea selection.

(818) 622-6346

Tony Roma's

Enjoy the "best in ribs in America" in a setting with an open kitchen where you can actually watch those mouthwatering ribs cooking!

(818) 763-7662

Upstart Crow Bookstore and Coffeehouse

What a concept! Drop by Upstart Crow, browse through a best seller and grab a bite. A unique bookstore in a unique setting. The first thing you notice when you enter Upstart Crow is the great coffee aromas? Or maybe the famous quotes on the walls? Or the book sections-one for the adults and one especially for kids? Or the obvious tribute to the Bard himself. After all, he was an Upstart Crow, according to one of his jealous contemporaries, named Robert Greene.

(818) 763-1811

Wasabi at CityWalk

You haven't experienced the 'fun' of sushi until you've tried Wasabi at CityWalk, with a unique menu of traditional to outrageous sushi selections, specialty sushi rolls, chicken teriyaki, and tempura.

(818) 622-7224

Wolfgang Puck Cafe

Master Chef Wolfgang Puck offers his celebrated pizzas, sumptuous Chinese chicken salad, rotisseries and pastas in his namesake café.

(818) 985-9653

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter