Where to eat at SeaWorld?

Along these same lines we were thinking about heading to downtown disney for dinner after our day at sea world...my husband loves rainforest for some reason...anyways how far is DTD from sea world???? had also thought about doing dine w shamu lunch...we have a DD who is 3??? any opinions.......please! Thanks.

Sea World is about 10-15 minutes from DTD depending on traffic.

I've never done the dine with Shamu lunch but if you're trying to get as much as possible done at Sea World in one day it's hard to do with all of the shows and things to see/do and also taking an hour or two out of the day. If you don't care about getting everything seen/done and are just planning on going at a leisurely pace then it wouldn't be an issue. Of course, this is just my opinion :).

Sea World is about 10-15 minutes from DTD depending on traffic.

I've never done the dine with Shamu lunch but if you're trying to get as much as possible done at Sea World in one day it's hard to do with all of the shows and things to see/do and also taking an hour or two out of the day. If you don't care about getting everything seen/done and are just planning on going at a leisurely pace then it wouldn't be an issue. Of course, this is just my opinion :).

ok cool so not bad at all.

This will be our only day at SW so will probably want to get as much done as possible so we will probably skip the lunch with shamu....although with DD 3 we just have to roll with the punches anyway...who knows if we will even make it all day!

Thanks!

ok cool so not bad at all.

This will be our only day at SW so will probably want to get as much done as possible so we will probably skip the lunch with shamu....although with DD 3 we just have to roll with the punches anyway...who knows if we will even make it all day!

Thanks!

You're welcome! I went to SW with my cousin and her two little girls under the age of 3 a little over a year ago. We had the whole day planned but pretty much spent the entire day with our hands in the sting ray tank area :). Well, that and they were highly entertained with the Clyde and Seymour show, Pets Ahoy (but I think that was mainly because it was inside and air conditioned and it was hot!), and the Sea Lion area. Have fun and enjoy your first trip!! :goodvibes

Has anyone tried the Dine with Shamu? Opinions and what type of foods are served. My son has multiple allergies and fish is his worst. I try to avoid places like Red Lobster for that reason.

I like the idea of going to DTD to eat dinner after Seaworld. We can eat at Earle of sandwich or wolfgang puck express for a lot cheaper and the food is great. Maybe even the TREX cafe.

On the subject of the All Day Dining pass, if you have a Seaworld Annual Pass, do you also get 10% discount on the dining pass?

Thanks.

On the subject of the All Day Dining pass, if you have a Seaworld Annual Pass, do you also get 10% discount on the dining pass?

Thanks.

It was a few dollars less, I think it was 27.99 for us last summer and $29.99 without a pass .(but maybe it was $26.99 which would be the regular 10% off for pass holders-can't remember what we paid)

Last time we were at SW we ate at the sitdown restaurant at the shark tank. Don't remember the name, but the food was really good! Not cheap, but good.

It's called the Underwater Shark grill, and it is YUMMY. :thumbsup2

Did someone say, no free beer???? OMG don't tell my hubby!!!:rotfl:

Also, the all day dining... I couldn't find anything on the SW site that says anything about snacks. Someone here mentioned they were covered also.
Is that up to date? You have to purchase the plan ahead of time, so I really want to know as many details as possible.
Thanks

We were just there in December, but we did not get the dining plan. However, I did see others who did and there were snacks at the food counters, too, mainly fruit ( bowls of strawberries or melon) and cakes. I do not think you can use the plan at snack counters for popcorn, ice cream and things like that. THere is a list on the SW website that shows what restuarants are included in the plan. You could always go through the resturant and get a drink and cake or fruit for a snack. I saw people doing this.

We were just there in December, but we did not get the dining plan. However, I did see others who did and there were snacks at the food counters, too, mainly fruit ( bowls of strawberries or melon) and cakes. I do not think you can use the plan at snack counters for popcorn, ice cream and things like that. THere is a list on the SW website that shows what restuarants are included in the plan. You could always go through the resturant and get a drink and cake or fruit for a snack. I saw people doing this.

Oh my no free beer for hubby and no ice cream for me. :sad2:
I know, I guess we can buy it, shhh.:eek:

Did someone say, no free beer???? OMG don't tell my hubby!!!:rotfl:

Also, the all day dining... I couldn't find anything on the SW site that says anything about snacks. Someone here mentioned they were covered also.
Is that up to date? You have to purchase the plan ahead of time, so I really want to know as many details as possible.
Thanks

Where did you see you have to buy the plan ahead of time? We already booked our package but am planning to get the dining bracelets that day. i am *sure* when we booked it said we could but it at gate or restaurant...wont be happy if that changed with a week to go before we leave1

Unless it was a special deal of some type, the website mentions getting the pass either before arrival or after arriving at the park -

•When All Day Dining Deal is purchased at the Front Gate Ticket Window and the Reservation Counters guests will receive a Boca Ticket which then can be redeemed at any participating restaurant for the wristband.
•If purchased at any of the Participating Restaurants or Dining Reservation Counter guests will receive the wristband at the time of sale.

Where did you see you have to buy the plan ahead of time? We already booked our package but am planning to get the dining bracelets that day. i am *sure* when we booked it said we could but it at gate or restaurant...wont be happy if that changed with a week to go before we leave1

I know that if you get it from AAA (of course)you by it there at the office.
Also, I don't know the details but if you use an annual pass to get a discount, you go online to purchase.
But to be honest, I really thought I read it somewhere, here or on the SW site?

Wouldn't mind if I had it wrong.
Hope you have fun, let me know how it goes!
:)

I know that if you get it from AAA (of course)you by it there at the office.
Also, I don't know the details but if you use an annual pass to get a discount, you go online to purchase.
But to be honest, I really thought I read it somewhere, here or on the SW site?

Wouldn't mind if I had it wrong.
Hope you have fun, let me know how it goes!
:)

We have the gold pass and we buy our bracelet for meals at the park.

Along these same lines we were thinking about heading to downtown disney for dinner after our day at sea world...my husband loves rainforest for some reason...anyways how far is DTD from sea world???? had also thought about doing dine w shamu lunch...we have a DD who is 3??? any opinions.......please! Thanks.

Does he like Trex...we prefer it now and the portions are huge...sorry to get off topic

Oh my no free beer for hubby and no ice cream for me. :sad2:
I know, I guess we can buy it, shhh.:eek:

There is one restaraurant that does serve ice cream, that is included in the AYCE dining. It's near Jungula, but I don't remember the name. I should my kids hit this place about 3 times. It doesn't have the waffle cones, but did have sundaes, I think (my kids only eat plain ice cream, so I don't remeber the specifics.)

DON'T DO TREX!!!!! We did it last year and it was WAAAAYYYYYYY overpriced and the food was soso at best. To qualify, we have never had a meal at Rainforest cafe we liked either.

DON'T DO TREX!!!!! We did it last year and it was WAAAAYYYYYYY overpriced and the food was soso at best. To qualify, we have never had a meal at Rainforest cafe we liked either.

We have enjoyed Trex...Food is good and portions are huge....it is pricey though but what isnt at Disney

Does he like Trex...we prefer it now and the portions are huge...sorry to get off topic

Actually funny you ask. We were doing some internet searching and stumbled upon Trex....and our DD3 that the dinosaurs were so neat...although a little scary.....so we now have decided to try Trex....I explained to DH that they are owned by the same people so the food should be just as good! Just hope when we get there DD doesnt get scared too bad...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter