Where to eat at Universal Orlando including menus...UPDATED REGULARLY

Mid-March for the sit down places would, we have to make reservations for four or would showing up at off times work? I don't mind waiting, but I hate making reservations in advance since we don't know which park we will be at or the type of food we want. If it is the only way, I'll make one or two of the must trys, Toothless seems to be one that needs reservations, but I would like to avoid it if I can.

Mid-March for the sit down places would, we have to make reservations for four or would showing up at off times work? I don't mind waiting, but I hate making reservations in advance since we don't know which park we will be at or the type of food we want. If it is the only way, I'll make one or two of the must trys, Toothless seems to be one that needs reservations, but I would like to avoid it if I can.
The reservation system is extreamly loose….they do not require a credit card or anything….so make as many as you want and cancel whenever….

I would recommend keeping track of the email confirmations as it seems the only way to recall one to modify or cancel it.

We're going 5/6-14 for our first trip (beyond just a day trip during other vacations) - knowing no one has a crystal ball, but which restaurants should we absolutely get a reservation before going? We're usually pretty flexible any given day, but if there are places that will for sure need one, if they are on our list I'll snag one before we go. Thanks!

We're going 5/6-14 for our first trip (beyond just a day trip during other vacations) - knowing no one has a crystal ball, but which restaurants should we absolutely get a reservation before going? We're usually pretty flexible any given day, but if there are places that will for sure need one, if they are on our list I'll snag one before we go. Thanks!
Some of the ones that typically tend to get booked up quicker than the others are Toothsome, Cowfish and Mythos.

Toothsome
Cowfish
Big fire
Pat OBriens on certain nights (dueling pianos!)
Mythos you can usually easily get a day or 2 beforehand, but walk up is iffy

Granted that should be a fairly slow time. But no penalty to make reservations then cancel later.

Had anyone been to Bob Marley recently? Would love some recent reviews! I’m also wondering if the nobody under 21 rule applies all nights? I saw it reported on the previous page, have a reservation for 7 on Easter but going with my daughter who is under 21. No chance we would be done by 7:30 but maybe doesn’t matter on a Sunday?

You can never go wrong with Cowfish:

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJhC6HaFrUi87BR9Ah56g0wRaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJi7Frs0QXmV65cEl0Y15qAlV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw

Any recent reviews for Bubba Gumps? The kids want to go, but I think they don't take reservations..is it hard to get in??

We went back in February, and didn't have an issue getting in with no wait at an off-peak time.
Had the grilled shrimp salad with strawberries and a vinaigrette, it was delicious!
Thanks! The kids really want to go, so we'll try them out. I am not a big seafood person but it looks like they have something I will eat lol

They're part of the Landry's chain so if you've already gotten a card for the sake of their restaurants on Disney property you can show it there and lower your wait time.
Thanks, we do not have one, as I don't think we have any Landry's rest. by us anymore, they closed.

Thanks, we do not have one, as I don't think we have any Landry's rest. by us anymore, they closed.
Just FYI when we got our Landry’s card recently it was about $25 or so but received a $25 gift card so it was a wash. We only got one because we wanted to try Bubba Gump’s which we thought priority seating would help… which it did. Good food and our server was very kind and integrated a bunch of fun trivia.

Just FYI when we got our Landry’s card recently it was about $25 or so but received a $25 gift card so it was a wash. We only got one because we wanted to try Bubba Gump’s which we thought priority seating would help… which it did. Good food and our server was very kind and integrated a bunch of fun trivia.
Good to know, I will check into it!

First trip with 10 yr old end of month - DH is vegan and me and kid are egg-free vegetarians. How early do we need to make reservations for Sun to Thu stay? Thinking Mythos, vivo, the mexican place on Citywalk and any others y'all suggest. Staying at RPR 2 days and 2 days at CB (Long story lol).

First trip with 10 yr old end of month - DH is vegan and me and kid are egg-free vegetarians. How early do we need to make reservations for Sun to Thu stay? Thinking Mythos, vivo, the mexican place on Citywalk and any others y'all suggest. Staying at RPR 2 days and 2 days at CB (Long story lol).
I always make resos as soon as we know the dates we're going. One less thing to worry about.

Open to any recommendations for meals in and around Universal. I've been given an approximately $50 / person budget, told to book some stuff nicer than Longhorn, but not $100/ person nicer.

This is my very tentative plan.

Wednesday - ???
We will need lunch and dinner for 3, thinking maybe Ford Garage for the guys for lunch, not really sure. Half the group won't be here yet, so it would be nice to have some fun / unique meals we can't get at home, not looking for super high end or fancy this day.

Thursday - Top Golf for team bonding and dinner (4 people)

Friday - Cooper Hawks Winery and Restaurant (5 people)

Saturday - ??? (6 people)
We could do something on property at Universal or off before we head over. This is our check in day. We want something nice. This is the first night all 6 of us will be together. I'm thinking off property maybe Melting Pot or Kobe Japanese Steakhouse. On property, Big Fire, or Strong Water.

Not sure I'm really sold on any of those options, though. Not sure how the group feels about Melting Pot, might be too intimate. We can do hibachi at home. I'm not sure I love the decor for Big Fire. It looks a bit chaotic and loud. Strong Water could be a good option as it is right next door to Aventura, so I think everyone would appreciate not having to go far to eat, but not sure it's the right atmosphere for a special group meal.

Sunday & Monday - (6 people) Probably Antojitos one day and Vivo Italian Kitchen the other day.
Those looked like the best options for gluten free in Citywalk.

I'm open to any recommendations. We will have a car. I'd love to find somewhere really special or unique to go for dinner Saturday night.

Last edited:
Open to any recommendations for meals in and around Universal. I've been given an approximately $50 / person budget, told to book some stuff nicer than Longhorn, but not $100/ person nicer.

This is my very tentative plan.

Wednesday - ???
We will need lunch and dinner for 3, thinking maybe Ford Garage for the guys for lunch, not really sure. Half the group won't be here yet, so it would be nice to have some fun / unique meals we can't get at home, not looking for super high end or fancy this day.

Thursday - Top Golf for team bonding and dinner (4 people)

Friday - Cooper Hawks Winery and Restaurant (5 people)

Saturday - ??? (6 people)
We could do something on property at Universal or off before we head over. This is our check in day. We want something nice. This is the first night all 6 of us will be together. I'm thinking off property maybe Melting Pot or Kobe Japanese Steakhouse. On property, Big Fire, or Strong Water.

Not sure I'm really sold on any of those options, though. Not sure how the group feels about Melting Pot, might be too intimate. We can do hibachi at home. I'm not sure I love the decor for Big Fire. It looks a bit chaotic and loud. Strong Water could be a good option as it is right next door to Aventura, so I think everyone would appreciate not having to go far to eat, but not sure it's the right atmosphere for a special group meal.

Sunday & Monday - (6 people) Probably Antojitos one day and Vivo Italian Kitchen the other day.
Those looked like the best options for gluten free in Citywalk.

I'm open to any recommendations. We will have a car. I'd love to find somewhere really special or unique to go for dinner Saturday night.
If you want to go to Sapphire Falls I would recommend Amatista instead of strong water it’s nice and quiet and the food is very good.
There is Melting Pot here where I live and it’s nothing special IMO I don’t wanna cook my own food lol.

If you want to go to Sapphire Falls I would recommend Amatista instead of strong water it’s nice and quiet and the food is very good.
There is Melting Pot here where I live and it’s nothing special IMO I don’t wanna cook my own food lol.

Our local one closed down. I'm not really sold on the idea. I'm just trying to find something different / unique to try. I'm just not coming up with a lot of options.

I'll give Amatista a second look.

I can't decide if going to Citywalk Saturday night is a good or bad idea. I was told to make dinner reservations early, but we don't wrap up work until 6. Then, we have to go check in. I'm thinking by the time we get to Aventura, everyone will be starving, so we either need to eat close by or before we arrive on property. However, I also know none of these people are familiar with Universal, so me showing them how to get to the boat at Sapphire wouldn't be a bad idea. I could also point out Amatista and Strong Water, and they could visit on their own for breakfast or lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter