Where to eat at Universal Orlando including menus...UPDATED REGULARLY

I'm taking a food allergic child in November (Thanksgiving Week) for our first trip to Universal. Disney is fantastic in working with families with allergies, will Universal also work with us? My son's allergies are fairly extensive.

Has anyone been recently? Are there ANY vegan options at Islands of Adventure?

I'm taking a food allergic child in November (Thanksgiving Week) for our first trip to Universal. Disney is fantastic in working with families with allergies, will Universal also work with us? My son's allergies are fairly extensive.

You need to call guest services. They will have their head chef contact you and let you know what you can eat. Individual restaurants will prepare stuff specifically for you if necessary.

I just got back a few weeks ago :thumbsup2 I'm a light eater at theme parks as it's toooooooo humid for me and I get whiny.

In Islands I ate at 3 broomsticks and had the soup and salad platter and an ice tea. I got the potato leek soup and it was amazing. It's not vegan but vegetarian. The prices are reasonable too. All that plus tax was under 10 bucks. I also went to the hog's head and had an ale and a butterbeer at one point both vegetarian. The ale is vegan ;) and pretty good. I ate at Bubba Gumps too and the veggie burger is the best burger I EVER ate. It is portabella based and has avocado on it. AWESOME!!!! :cloud9:

I read through the menu sticky Damo created and made a list of all the places I wanted to try and the items I could have. I carried that with me so I would feel prepared. I had a fine time finding food for me!

If you have a car then I advise hitting the super target down the I-4 and grabbing some groceries. I did and it was great to have my favorite yogurt for breakfast each morning and cheaper diet cokes ;)

Also,MelanieC's report was very helpful to read over.

are you able to make reservations for dinner at the hard rock cafe? or is it just walk up - first come first serve? Also does staying on site get you any benefits in making reservations?

awesome thanks! Do i just walk up and show my room key to get the priority seating? Or do I have to notify someone before we go?
Just show your room key when you arrive at the restaurant. You don't have to call ahead or let anyone know ahead of time.

Hate to be so negative - but must admit that the lunch we had at Mythos was some of the worst food we've had in Orlando, hands down. :sad2: Both our meals were poorly prepared and underwhelming. I have no idea how this restaurant gets such high ratings in Orlando food magazines. I think people enjoy the atmosphere, but unfortunately we didn't eat a single thing that was worthy of praise. We were bummed.

However -- we did have a LOVELY meal at Emerill's Tchoup Chop! Everything was well prepared with great flavors. Great servers as well.

Hate to be so negative - but must admit that the lunch we had at Mythos was some of the worst food we've had in Orlando, hands down. :sad2: Both our meals were poorly prepared and underwhelming. I have no idea how this restaurant gets such high ratings in Orlando food magazines. I think people enjoy the atmosphere, but unfortunately we didn't eat a single thing that was worthy of praise. We were bummed.

However -- we did have a LOVELY meal at Emerill's Tchoup Chop! Everything was well prepared with great flavors. Great servers as well.

Awww, that is sad to hear! We've been eating there for 10 years and have never had a bad meal.

If you can catch it open, the Monsters Cafe in the Studios has mediocre food but amazing theming. The trouble is that it is usually only open during HHN or during extremely crowded periods. It's a pity.

As for the topic, our favorites are Margaritaville and the Nascar Cafe in Citywalk, Thunder Falls Terrace and the Three Broomsticks in IOA and the Boulangerie and Louie's in the Studios. We had a real nice lunch in the Confisco Grille last year but the service was sloooowwww.

My son was disapointed that Monster's Cafe was closed the last time we went so we hope it's open when we go in November but I have a feeling it won't be.

Just wondering how hard is it to get a table at The Three Broomsticks? I would imagine it's nuts there.

Our faves so far are : Emerils at Citywalk, Bubba Gumps at Citywalk and Mel's Diner at US.

My son was disapointed that Monster's Cafe was closed the last time we went so we hope it's open when we go in November but I have a feeling it won't be.

Just wondering how hard is it to get a table at The Three Broomsticks? I would imagine it's nuts there.

Our faves so far are : Emerils at Citywalk, Bubba Gumps at Citywalk and Mel's Diner at US.

It's pretty easy to get a table at The Three Broomsticks. It is just counter service so things move pretty quickly.

I think you're the first person ever to like Mel's Diner! I hope that means their food is improving.

I have to say I totally agree. I thought the menu was boring and food so-so. We were seriously disappointed in all the places we ate at Universal.

Well we ate at Mythos last week and loved it. We had the final seating of the day, which may have helped. We had the Barbeque Chicken Pizza and the Mushroom flatbread to start (both very good) and then the Bistro Filet with Truffle Butter - steak that melted in the mouth. The atmosphere and service were both top notch.

Worst meal of our trip was at Islands in the RPR. Disinterested staff, the appetizers arrived at the same time as the entrees and no sign of a bread basket or a server interested enough to offer us a dessert. To add insult to injury it was also the most expensive meal of the trip. I have told the manager of the RPR what I thought... perhaps I'll hear back.

Well we ate at Mythos last week and loved it. We had the final seating of the day, which may have helped. We had the Barbeque Chicken Pizza and the Mushroom flatbread to start (both very good) and then the Bistro Filet with Truffle Butter - steak that melted in the mouth. The atmosphere and service were both top notch.

Worst meal of our trip was at Islands in the RPR. Disinterested staff, the appetizers arrived at the same time as the entrees and no sign of a bread basket or a server interested enough to offer us a dessert. To add insult to injury it was also the most expensive meal of the trip. I have told the manager of the RPR what I thought... perhaps I'll hear back.

I have only had the breakfast buffet at Islands Dinning room and it has always been great, except for the price keeps rising.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter