Where to eat in MGM?

PLibster

Loving me some Disney World!!
Where in MGM do you like to eat? We are a family of four; Me, DH, DS8 and DD6. Not sure if we want counter service or sit-down. I just need some ideas for dinner. Thanks!

we always eat lunch at either the Sci-Fi (eating in litttle cars while watching old sci-fi trailers) or the 50's Prime Time (ask for Auntie Claire - we're in one of her photo albums!)

for dinner we go with the Brown Derby - love the Cobb Salad!

I second Sci-Fi! We make a visit there every trip and love it! They have great milkshakes :p We also like going to 50's Prime Time Cafe. You watch clips on little tvs at your table and your waiter/waitress "plays" your mom/dad/aunt, etc... It is a lot of fun!

If your family enjoys a good buffet, the Hollywood & Vine is an excellent choice. Sci-Fi has great milkshakes and burgers. Primetime Cafe is a real hoot. Here's some reviews you may want to check out:

Hollywood & Vine Buffet Info

Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Info

For counter service, I like the ABC Commissary the best at MGM.

Happy Planning!
smileyhat.gif

50s PT Cafe - is a trip back to Mom's kitchen in the 50s. Most tables have their own tv sets that run old shows. Food is good old home cooking.

Sci Fi Dine In - set in a drive in theater, most of the tables are inside your own car. You watch clips of old b movies and cartoons. Some of the waiters wear rollar skates.

Mama Melrose - Italian food w/California flair, food is good, restaurant more quiet then most at the Studios.

Menus www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm

We have dined at 50's Prime Time, Sci-Fi and Hollywood & Vine. 50's Prime Time has good "home cooked" food and a fun atmosphere. Sci-Fi has one of the best atmospheres in all of WDW, but the food is nothing spectacular and would be better suited for a lunch. Hollywood & Vine is an excellent buffet. We always use this as our Fantasmic Package dinner. Check out the menus and then take it from there. MGM has some of the best dining out of all the parks with so many choices. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Here is a link to the menus:

http://allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm#mgm

We've dined at Prime Time and Mama Melrose's. We've also done counter service at Backlot Express (great grilled veggie sandwich) and ate an awful lot of chicken finger's from Rosie's on our last trip.
All of our meals have been very good. I guess it depends on what you like to eat and the atmosphere you're looking for.
I know DH and I will be eating at the Hollywood Brown Derby on our next trip.

We have also been at least 6 times. It is so relaxing after a hard day and they have comfy booths. It normally is not hard to just walk in and get a seat (we don't go at lunch time, usually after 1). They have colors for the kids and the food is really good.

Mama Melroses has been a staple for us. It is behind Muppetvision and not as well known as other restaurants there, but the food and atmosphere are excellent. The tables are spread nicely to so that you don't feel crowded. The Last time we went we all had a different flatbread pizza and shared with each other..

The Hollywood Brown Derby is a MUST. We also always eat at Pizza Planet for lunch. I can't help it...I just love that place. Then we can hang around the Pizza Planet arcade for a while too, which is always a blast!

This is a great place to dine!! The food is great and so is the service!!

We love Sci Fi and Brown Derby. With the ages of your kids I would say Sci Fi over BD-more fun atmosphere.

Enjoy!

We always have lunch at Sci Fi, love it there, love the atmosphere.
Also Mama Melrose is another favorite.

Sci-Fi...and if you go tell Michael (the waiter) we said hello if you see him!

Wow, thanks guys! It sounds like Sci-fi and Brown Derby are the top picks. I am going to look at the menus and decide. Who knows, maybe I will do both. Sci-Fi for lunch and Brown Derby for dinner. Oh, should I make PS's for either of these? I know we will see Fantasmic, so what time should I make PS's for dinner? Thanks again!

We like Mama Melrose and Brown Derby for good food and service.

If you notice, everyone recommending SCi-Fi talks about the unique atmosphere not the food.;)

We really like the Brown Derby. We get an early seating for lunch and get a table on the patio.

We made our PS at Sci Fi at 6:30pm for dinner. We did this because we wanted to get to the stadium for Fantasmic an hour and 15 minutes before the show started. It worked out well for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter