Where to eat lunch at Epcot with a picky 7 year old?

discraz

Mouseketeer
I need recommendations for a place to eat lunch at Epcot. MY DS7 will be with me and his menu while at WDW will mainly consist of cheese pizza, mac & cheese, hot dogs, fruit, pb&j. and lots of sweets. I have made a ps for Rose and Crown for dinner. They serve pb&j and a fruit and cheese tray which should make him happy. Any suggestions.

Garden Grill in the land pavillion. I am pretty sure that mac & cheese is served with their family style meal. Also, they would probably be able to get you PB&J for him as well. Kids also receive an icecream with I believe gummy worms and cookies. Characters include Farmer Mickey and Chip & Dale.

or chicken fingers......any spaghetti and meatballs?????? wow......good luck to you.....most of the restaurants will do the pbj sandwiches .....fruit is now plentiful at Disney......

There are many counter-service restaurants throughout EPCOT. If you are looking for sit-down, he would probably be fine at Italy because they have pizza. Many, but not all of the sit-downs have kids meals. When you make your PS, just ask the CM if they have a kids menu.:D

My 8 year old daughter is the queen of picky eaters. She really enjoyed Yakitorri House in Japan (the counter service place there). She got the childs plate and it had 2 skewers of chicken and some plain white rice. It was supposed to be terriyaki chicken, but the terriyaki flavor was non-existant. It tasted like chicken you would grill on the barbecue. Her and my other daugher shared this. They both asked for seconds on the chicken skewers!!

Another place the girls liked (not in EPCOT, but in MK) was the Sonny Eclipse Place. My DD got the corn dog nugget kids meal and asked for seconds! You can imagine my surprise because my littlest DD eats NOTHING but pancakes/waffles and hot dogs. I couldn't run to the counter fast enough to get her seconds.

My kids were only luke-warm on the Rose and Crown. I don't recall them eating much there.

Maggie

As you are entering WS, on the right is a take-out window type place that sells McDonald's chicken nuggets. My oldest DD is very picky, (although she is getting better...she's just now accepted hot dogs.) We were nearing the end of the day and I don't think she ate hardly anything all day and I about fell over when my dad came over with those prized chicken nuggets, which at the time, was the only thing she ate when away from home.

It's been a couple years, but I think it's still there.

I'd try the food court downstairs in the Land Pavillion. There are several types of food to choose from.

I too have a picky eater, he did well at Garden Grill and SAI (he ordered a chicken quesadilla "unassembled", so he ate the chicken, cheese, taco chips and tortilla....with ketchup!). Also I'm sure the American Pavilltion would be accomodating.

In our family, if the adults want to nibble their way around World Showcase, we stop at the Refreshment Port near Canada to get McNuggets and McFries for the kids. Alternatively, we go halfway around and then feed them hotdogs at Liberty Inn. There's also a stand selling fresh fruit - maybe near Italy??

If we're in Future World and want a counter service meal, Sunshine Season Food Fair in The Land also works for us, though we often end up lining up in two or three different places to please everyone.

For a sitdown meal Le Cellier in World Showcase offers a pretty good kids menu (including a hotdog) or Coral Reef in Future World might be another choice (cheese pizza is one of the kid items).

Good Luck! I have a 10yo PE (picky eater) and a 7 yo not-so-PE.

CindyAnn, your right! LeCellier does have a great kids menu...and the burgers on the kids menu are awesome!

The Land Pavilion has many choices to eat!

I would reconsider Rose and Crown!(That's just me)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter