Where To Eat On Christmas Day?

jennylynn69

So Much Disney So Little Time.....
Okay this will be our first Family Christmas Trip with Mickey:) Even tho' I've been to the world more than 50 times! LOL!!! But I was wondering......

1. Where would you have a special Christmas Meal?

2. Why would you choose this restaurant?

3. What meal would you choose...Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner?

Any opinions would be so greatly appreciated:) It has been so hard deciding or even trying to choose one! By the way there will be Myself, DH, and our twin 12 year old daughters:) I just wanted to get some ideas and with so many folks here and with all the knowledge- I just know that there will be some wonderful suggestions!!!!! Thanks everyone!!!!!:grouphug:

It depends what you are looking for, a really good/fancy meal, great decorations, the Disney feel? When we went at Christmas 2008 we did Chef Mickey's.

I have checked Chef Mickeys out too :) It doesn't have to be fancy- just somewhere special, that we can have a nice family dinner to remember :) But we would like to see decorations, and have a good tasting meal for sure :) Looking at some of the menus- not real sure- we are not picky eaters at all- thanks so much for your suggestions SnipsNSnails :grouphug:

We let our two kids pick our Xmas day meals when we spent Xmas there a few years ago.

We had Xmas breakfast at 'Ohana (DS was a huge Stitch fan) & dinner at Chef Mickey's. Had a great time at both!!! :santa:

Okay this will be our first Family Christmas Trip with Mickey:) Even tho' I've been to the world more than 50 times! LOL!!! But I was wondering......

1. Where would you have a special Christmas Meal?

2. Why would you choose this restaurant?

3. What meal would you choose...Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner?

Any opinions would be so greatly appreciated:) It has been so hard deciding or even trying to choose one! By the way there will be Myself, DH, and our twin 12 year old daughters:) I just wanted to get some ideas and with so many folks here and with all the knowledge- I just know that there will be some wonderful suggestions!!!!! Thanks everyone!!!!!:grouphug:

Probably California Grill. Thanks for calling Christmas just that, not xmas. :thumbsup2

We had dinner this past Christmas at Boma. While it certainly wasn't a typical Christmas meal for us, it was definitely memorable. All of us loved the food and the atmosphere was great. After dinner, we went outside to see the animals in the dark... the kids thought that was pretty neat! Then we sat around the fire for a bit. I wouldn't say it seemed all that Disney-ish, but since it wasn't really a Disney trip (we stayed off-site and mostly did Universal parks, one day at EPCOT) it was great. The food was definitely worth the price- although it was very expensive! We'd never been to AKL, so it was especially nice seeing the lodge all decked out for Christmas.

Our first Christmas we did Chef Mickeys for brunch and WCC for dinner. THe kids loved CM, which is all that mattered. WCC was probably our favorite Christmas meal there. We loved eating dinner in the lodge and we had typical Christmas foods. Turkey, chicken, roast pork, brisket, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and a ton of other stuff.

Next Christmas the kids ate cake since they went on an early Pirate adventure cruise and then we did Ohana for dinner. We love Ohana so it was a good meal but it didn't feel as Christmasy.

Last year we did WCC for breakfast and again it was a really nice meal. Then we did CM for dinner. We will not be returning there. Thankfully we had the Pirate and Pals fireworks cruise to make up for the not so good meal.

Now our kids have always picked the Christmas day meals so whereever they want to go we go so its never been overly fancy. They are getting a little older so this year they are talking about maybe doing CG for dinner and 1900PF for breakfast. Never too early to start planning if you ask me.

We did Christmas day lunch this year in Cinderella's castle. I wanted to be in the park and couldn't think of a better place than in the heart of it all. It was the typical meal but it was nice being there on Christmas day.

Just make sure you get to the park and stay there. If it gets full and they don't let anyone in, your ADR won't get you into the park.

Disney World during Christmas is wonderful, but quite full. With that in mind, we avoid Magic Kingdom on Christmas day, as it is too full to enjoy, in our opinion.

Given the large number of people, I would not suggest a breakfast due to using up precious morning time when the parks are relatively empty. The one exception to that would be the last possible breakfast seating after an early morning in the park, which effectively turns it into a brunch. Even, then when we travel during high season we make our ADRs at restaurants that are quieter.

During low season I will happily eat at some of the noisy meals such as Chef Mickey or Biergarten, but during high season we try for quieter meals to help give us some down time.

In Epcot, I would suggest dinner at Bistro de Paris (the upstairs room in France).

If you really have to be in Magic Kingdom on Christmas, Cinderella's Royal Table is nice, but again rather expensive.

Believe it or not, one of our favorite places to have an ADR when things are hectic is the Plaza. It is a smaller restaurant and does not feel as frantic or get as loud as many places. The ample windows and light decor overlook some amazing people watching near the HUB. The food is not fancy, but we have always had a good meal there, and the ice cream treats are amazing.

I think there are great choices in resort dining. Jiko at AKL, California Grill, and Narcoossee's are all signature dining. Sanaa, Grand Floridian Cafe, and Boatwrights are all great options which are only one credit on the DDP, if that is something you need to consider.

I had a blast a few years ago at Animal Kingdom. We got in early and did the headliners, picked up fast passes, and then did shows all day. The Jingle Jungle parade was wonderful. We had counter service at Flame Tree and were in line for them a couple of minutes before they opened, ate in the covered wooden structure overlooking EE and then headed over to Jiko for Dinner. It was a unique way to celebrate Christmas. It is still lovingly thought of as our African Christmas.

Have fun!

Oh thank you everyone for all your suggestions!!!!:grouphug: There are some really good options to consider- it is such a hard decision!! LOL!!! Wonderful idea letting the girls have imput into where we will eat :) Alot to think about!!! Thanks again everyone- I so very much appreciate everyone for all the help and suggestions:)

Some day, we'll be in WDW for Christmas too... some day!!

My dream is to be in EPCOT for Christmas Eve & the Candlelight Processional & then have Christmas Day in the MK!

I'd planned on Chef Mickey's for breakfast & then maybe CRT for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter