where to find a styrofoam cooler?

sasha's goofy

Mouseketeer
I know my DISers will know the answer- :cheer2:
I wasn't able to find a fridge swap during my upcoming trip to the world. :sad1: but would still like to keep a few things cold in my room, without having to rent a fridge. I will not have a car and will rely on disney transportation. Does there happen to be anyplace within walking distance of transportation where I can purchase a cooler?

I am going to suggest the Hess gas station on Disney property. :confused3

I really do not know, since I have never bought one, but I am thinking they might have one.

Another suggestion is since they are so light weight, you could pack one up and send it to yourself, that way you would know it will be there waiting for you upon your arrival. You could also fill it with some snacks like granola bars ect. For consumption while at Disney.

Hope this helps.

We found a Styrofoam cooler on gardengrocer.com. Not sure if you are ordering from that site, but they did have a cooler for $5.99 that fits a six pack of pop (according to their site).

If you have not used them before, you can find out lots if you use DIS search. But I am happy to answer any questions you have, although this was my first order using their site.

I always take a small soft cooler...put it in my suitcase and pack clothes in it to make the most of the room in the suitcase.

Just keep in mind, sometimes they don't hold water too well but if you put a plastic garbage bag inside and put the ice in that, it works just fine.

We used to pick one up at a near by walmart (we had a car). we kept it in the room but we always end up breaking it lol

Thanks for the suggestions. I was hoping I could find a cheap cooler nearby without having to ship it or pack it. Then pass it on to another guest who would like it when we check out. It's not a necessity, just for a bottle of wine, juice/water or two and maybe leftover desserts for breakfast.:cloud9: I'll check out the Hess station and the Goodings grocery near Downtown Disney.

We will be at AS Sports 9/27-10/8. If anyone needs a cooler on the 8th (provided I find one) I will be happy to pass it on.

i was able to get a styrofoam cooler and some drinks at the hess station across from downtown disney. i got off at the 2nd marketplace stop, not the one by the x-mas store. a quick walk across the street, then i was back on the bus with my cooler, some water, and a six pack of beer! i was worried it may not be allowed, but the driver never said a word about it! i handed off the cooler to woman by the pool on my last day. hope that helps!!

If all you are doing is keeping drinks cool then use a trash can. Get a laundry bag put it into the can and fill with ice. The bag will keep the ice away from the can and you know it will not leak. Plus it is free. :-)

We've seen styrofoam coolers for sale at FW, Settlement Trading Post on many a trip..........they cater to the camping crowd.......alot of food and baked items, you could inquire there.

Perfect! Thanks for the replies. Forgot about the trading post. I think I will make a trek over to the Hess station when I get in and if they're out FW. :cool1:

We saw styrofoam coolers in the Beach Club Marketplace this past July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter