• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to find Characters in the Parks

Terk-1

Dreaming of Disney Cruising!
Wanted to have my picture taken with as many of the characters as I can. Is there a list somewhere as to where to find characters and who they are?

Thanks!

Your park map will have a list of where to find the characters. I can tell you that 30 minutes before park opening Main Street will be open and there will be some characters. On various trips we have seen, Mickey, Goofy, a princess (seems to be Sleeping Beauty in our experience), Peter Pan, Wendy and Mary Poppins. In Critter Country near the Splash Mountain exit is a meet and greet area with the Pooh characters. They are there most of the day and into the evening. It is really well organized and you wait in line and can see the various characters and there is usually a Disney photographer there. In Frontierland you can see Woody and Jesse as well as Chip and Dale. Also we have seen Pocahantas and Meeko in Frontierland. Snow White has a grotto right by the castle. Aurora and Cinderella also sometimes will be near the castle doing autographs. Ariel has a grotto near tomorrowland by the Plaza Inn. You can see Mickey and Minnie in Toontown. Buzz is in Tomorrowland. Over in DCA you will see many characters in "California" style costumes near the Sunwheel. This includes, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Lilo. In the animations building they have a really great princess meet and greet and other characters will be there as well. When we were there in November we saw, Cinderella, Sorcerer Mickey and Woody. We have seen Cruella De Ville many times on the Hollywood Pictures Backlot. I know I have probably missed some but maybe somebody else can fill in my gaps. I think Disneyland has a lot more opportunities to meet characters than WDW. The best thing is to get there early when its cooler and lines are shorter. Take plenty of film!

If the park opens at 8 (which it normally does on weekends and during busy periods) then the turnstiles don't open 30 minutes prior to park opening, it just opens at 8.

Except at parade times, Town Square is a great place to find characters. Make sure to look on both the City Hall side and the Opera House side. I've seen most of the clasic characters there (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale, plus princesses, Genie, Peter Pan, Wendy, Captain Hook, etc). Woody and Jessie are often in front of the Golden Horseshoe in Frontierland. I've often seen Belle near the Carnation Plaza Gardens. Near It's a Small World is another good area.

I've never seen her there (unless she does one of the Princess picture sessions inside the Animation building), but I've seen her in front of Aladdin's Oasis in DL's Adventureland several times.

A few years ago Jasmine could be found in Adventureland near Aladin's show. We saw her many times during our stays, we haven't been back since 2002 so, I don't know if she still hangs out there or not?

Terk-1 said:
Wanted to have my picture taken with as many of the characters as I can. Is there a list somewhere as to where to find characters and who they are?

Thanks!

You might try asking a cast member at the information board at the end of Main Street (left side). They will often be able to tell you when and where you might find characters, especially if you are looking for a specific character. I believe there is also an information board around Sunshine Plaze at DCA during busy periods.

We just got back yesterday and saw Jasmine a couple of times at the Animation Building.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter