Where to get rolls of US coins in GTA??

canuckgirl

Mouseketeer
Hello!

We leave in less than 2 weeks and I found out today that our bank (TD) doesn’t deal in American change and couldn’t get us the rolls of pennies and quarters we need! Does anyone know where else to get them? Do other banks carry them? We need them for penny presses at DW and on our drive down for tolls!
Thanks!
Cheryl

They might be able to offer them at currency exchange kiosks. A quick google search provides a ton of options and lists phone numbers you could call them at

Hello!

We leave in less than 2 weeks and I found out today that our bank (TD) doesn’t deal in American change and couldn’t get us the rolls of pennies and quarters we need! Does anyone know where else to get them? Do other banks carry them? We need them for penny presses at DW and on our drive down for tolls!
Thanks!
Cheryl

Coins are hard to find. Does anyone in your family or circle of friends travel to the US frequently? You might be able to buy some change from them, but my guess would be they wouldn’t have rolls of change.

Hello!

Thanks!
Cheryl

For pressed pennies in DW, most use a credit card now (ie you don't put change in them any more). We also had a few that we put in a dollar bill to get the pressed coin. Can't help with the tolls but perhaps find a bank once you cross the border and exchange a bill for coins there? I am pretty sure there are other options for the tolls though, besides a transponder.

You will be hard pressed to find any Canadian banks with rolled US coinage available for sale (I work for a bank). US coinage is not traded by any of the major banks as it is not legal tender (in Canada), other than selling it to customers, at face Cdn value, they cannot send it into their Treasury for trade.

You might be able to go into your local bank branch and see if they have any US coin that is waiting to be sent away.

Cant help for tolls on way down,,,but once at WDW any store will be able to help you out. When we did it,,the CM was great in that they searched for the clean and shiny pennies for us. Nice touch.

Thanks so much everyone! We posted on our local group asking and someone kindly had coins and traded us for US bills! I will be conscious to keep any change we have left over! And great to know that once at Disney CMs were super helpful with this! 👍🏻

Cheryl

I find a good option for getting coins is to stop at a store like a Walmart or Target or grocery store and "buy" some (i.e. exchange paper bills for coins). Many Walmart are open 24/7. I usually do it at the customer service desk.

We’re in Washington DC right now, apparently there is a coin shortage. Almost all pressed penny machines are now $1 and provide the penny.

When I was in Miami (first week of July), a Wagreens I stopped in at had a sign outside the door saying to have change as close to your total as possible as they would not be handing out "change" but rounding to bills due to a coin shortage. Wish I had know. I have about $10-20 in change here but did not think to bring it and use it on this trip.

Most of the press penny machines have been switched over to credit card and 1 buck for design. You don’t have to supply your own penny. Florida turnpike from I 75 is cashless - bill by plate or Florida Sunpass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter