Where to Have the After-Ceremony Dinner

Paul Moberg

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

My fiancee Amy & I are having an premium wedding at WDW. A few hours after the ceremony, we want to have dinner with our guests (total dinner party would be (10, including us).

Currently we are looking for on-property dining ideas that offer a varying menu. Any suggestions?

Keep the following in mind:

1) Amy has already looked at the menus at Victoria & Alberts', The Coral Reef, Narcossee's & Citricos, and feels that she wouldn't eat anything on the menu!

2) We realize (and don't want to , for that matter) that we can't wear our wedding attire in the parks. Everyone will be asked to dress casually.

3) No kids are attending, so we want to stay away from character meals (the night before the wedding, we will be going to Chef Mickey's anyway).

Overall, we are looking for a nice dining experience with a menu that most people can find something they would like on it.

Thanks,

Paul

We've celebrated all anniversaries at WDW so far (we've been lucky!!) and have had great dinner's in the Castle, California Grill and Artist Point. If Amy has specific preferences I would suggest calling the restaurant ahead of time and ask if htey can make special accomodations. They often will!

As a picky eater, I came across the same problem when planning our Intimate Wedding dinner in June. If you have your heart set on eating at a certain restaurant, and she doesn't like something on the menu, you can contact the restaurant manager. I specifically dealt with Carianne in GF Group Dining. She was an angel and was able to tailor Narcoossee's menu to exactly what I wanted (and my pocketbooks limit!) I am sure if there was something specific that she wanted, they would prepare a special meal for her. They even printed menus with our names and the dates on it, and removed the prices for our guest. It was great.

HTH
Diana

And I should also mention that it doesn't get more magical then having your wedding dinner while watching the sun set over the seven seas lagoon, and watching Cinderella Castle change colors. After dessert, we stepped outside and watched the fireworks.

I was sooo happy with Narcoossee's!!

Diana,

Thanks for the ideas! I really like Narcoossee's and think our Intimate Wedding guests would enjoy it as well. How did you set up the pre-printed menus (and cost?)? Did you make your dining arrangements through DFW or through Narcoossee's directly? Did Narcoossee's do anything else special for you?

Thanks again. It's nice to be able to talk to someone who's be through the same things I have in planning!

Paul

paulamywedding@yahoo.com

I had my wedding dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht & Beach Club. I choose that particular restaurant because it had meat, chicken and fish dishes. I was very happy with dinner. The whole experience was great. It truly was a magical day.

For our reception at Narcoossee's I contacted Carianne at GF Group Dining and she was an angel. The pre-printed menus were no charge, we just took off the lobster dishes. She said they would even be able to make whatever we wanted if we gave her enough notice. They gave us one long table the stretched across the windows facing the castle, decorated it with these pretty vases of flowers. I didn't ask for anything. I also brought our cake and had them serve it as dessert. This was also no charge.

HTH
Diana

we decided on narcoossee's for our wedding dinner...we liked the menu and have heard great things about the staff and the food plus we are staying at the gf so that is a plus....congrats and we hope you have a great time!!!

Hi,

We had 5 guests at our intimate wedding October 2001. The seven of us went to Artist Point for dinner following the wedding. We absolutely loved it! We changed and dressed casually for dinner and because my DH and I planned to take our guests on a pontoon cruise to watch the fireworks from the water over MK as a surprise thank you to them.

We loved the food and ordered just about everything on the menu and shared :) We also had an oustanding server. Her name was Po, and she was fabulous!

I would highly recommend it.

Good luck and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter