Where to Line Up

mastodon

Mouseketeer
Just wondering with CA and DLR emh/mm, where do we want to stand at rope drop to go to RSR and Peter Pan, respectively? At WDw there are different path, lines, etc to get to the rides quickly.

With respect to PP, it doesn't really matter which side you're on: left, right or center. Seems that all three have an equally fair chance of scoring a great place in line. I, myself, typically stand on the right (as you face the castle). But that may be due to habit or because several other people I know often land there. In any case, it's always treated me well ;-).

P.S. I've been home in Chicago for a few weeks and won't be back at DL until around the 23rd, if there's anyone that misses my posts ;-).

For Pan, it's directly in front of you as you are walking down main street, through the castle and on the right after you go through the castle. That's where everyone will be going at that time so follow the crowd.

For RSR, everyone is currently lining up early for Guardians of the Galaxy so RSR isn't as crazy in the morning. I would say line up to the left side of the rope, at the center fork in the Carthay Circle courtyard. That will be the closest to Cars Land's entrance..

if you MM, rope drop will be in front of the castle. the beauty of the left side is:
*one long straight rope, so center is perfect, right or left of center, not so good.
*if you arrive and deep behind folks, do not stand behind a stroller, look for folks 20s-30s to be behind.

* families that are spltting into FL and TML will be standing on the right.
* Right side has straight path up Matterhorn to Dumbo, Dumbo is a popular tradtional first ride in the park.
* first time visitors will be guide by CMs to go right , choose TML or FL
* as folks on the right guide left into the castle drawbridge, they will be hindered by the stroller folks parking

Left side allows you to monitor the log jam at the draw bridge, will allow you to stay left from the stroller parking on the right side of the castle entrance.

I know at WDW- you can go around the castle to get to fantasyland- at DL do you have to go through the castle?

Last time we rope-dropped PP, we were at the rope to the left side of the hub, because it looked like that rope was a little bit closer to the castle than the rope on the right. It may not always be, but that morning it was. And we were second in line for PP when we got there, so it wasn't a bad choice.

WWWWOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!! second in line, hope you had a photo!!!! that is amazing, I have not been top 10 since 2007, when there was no rope drop, I have been moving in line, never stopped, but around 15-20 in line, that lovely maze keeeps us moving.

anyhow...back to OP...between the Matterhorn and castle, is a road, not a path or sidewalk, but a road, so that moves faster to dumbo or Small world or Matterhorn. whereas, anything that is part of the castle structure, it is faster to go thru the castle . And PP is the first attraction that smart guests encounter when entering the castle.

WWWWOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!! second in line, hope you had a photo!!!! that is amazing, I have not been top 10 since 2007, when there was no rope drop, I have been moving in line, never stopped, but around 15-20 in line, that lovely maze keeeps us moving.
If we're going to do PP, we take it seriously. We are almost always within the first half-dozen boats, usually first or second. But, yes, I did take a picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter