• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to Park Our Car?

DancingQueen

Having the time of your life.....
We are driving straight to DL to enjoy the park before our check in at the GC. So we want to park close, to make sure we are one of the first in the gate at opening. It's been so long though since I've been there, that I can't remember about the parking. Where is the parking? We are going South on I-5. Should we take the Disneyland Drive exit, or the Harbour Blvd exit?

TIA! :)

Well there are two options for you. You could check in at the hotel very early that morning (you can check in any time, they just may not have a room ready for you yet) and park where you will the rest of your stay in their lot. Then walk from the hotel.

Or you could park in the huge parking gargage that they have now. Which you have to pay for (I forget the price, $8-10 a day?). From there they have trams that take you by the front gate.

Thank you Jennifer. So they don't have the free parking like they used to?

No free parking. The structure is a 10-15 minute walk or a 2 minute tram ride to Downtown Disney. From there you have to go through security and then walk over to Disneyland or DCA.

Your best bet is is probably to check-in early and park at the GCH.

I believe coming south on the 5 there is an exit that will bring you right into the structure. Not sure how to get to the hotels.

Thank you very much for the help! I think it will be much easier to check in early, and walk from GC.

I thought you could walk right to the parks (right in CA) from the GC, am I mistaken?

DancingQueen said:
Thank you very much for the help! I think it will be much easier to check in early, and walk from GC.

Yep, I think that's the best route too. I mean were already paying for the parking to stay at the hotel (resort fee), might as well take advantage of it!

We'll be doing the same thing when we get there, only we'll check in to the Disneyland Hotel, then make our way to the parks. :) Have a great time! :thumbsup2

DancingQueen said:
Thank you Jennifer. So they don't have the free parking like they used to?
Wow, I have been going to DL all of my life and I don't EVER remember parking being free, even in the old lot.

cynderella said:
Wow, I have been going to DL all of my life and I don't EVER remember parking being free, even in the old lot.

Hmm maybe it wasn't. My dh told me it was free last time he went in 1998, but he is often wrong about things. So it doesn't surprise me if he was wrong about that too, lol. :p Last time I was there I flew, so didn't have to worry about parking.

DancingQueen said:
My dh told me it was free last time he went in 1998, but he is often wrong about things. So it doesn't surprise me if he was wrong about that too, lol. :p
I have a DH like that, too, so I know what you mean. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter