Where to put your mask when eating?

connie254

Disney fanatic
This has probably been answered before. I'd rather not put my mask in my backpack unless I had a Ziploc type bag inside for it. Is there another reasonable option? Or when swimming at your resort?

This has probably been answered before. I'd rather not put my mask in my backpack unless I had a Ziploc type bag inside for it. Is there another reasonable option? Or when swimming at your resort?

Why not just carry a ziplock bag for it? Seems the simplest solution. Just make sure to fold it so that the part against your mouth is on the inside.

If I’m going to reuse it I just put it in my bag (I usually carry a day pack in the parks) or in my pocket if I don’t have a bag, but most of the time I’ll put on a fresh/new mask after a meal. If I’m handling it enough to put it in my bag or pocket, I’d rather put on a fresh mask anyway.

I usually carry two ziplock bags in my bag - one with fresh masks and one for used ones.

I do find lanyards convenient for more mobile/temporary eating/drinking situations.

Last edited:
We almost always have Ziploc bags for parks, sometimes I just put mask on the table, or in pocket, or just in the backpack. Don't suggest lap, as son had them drop to floor twice! I often have a big backpack though, so there's lots of room/stuff. (extra masks, etc. ) also usually have the Ziplocs for water rides. Back in the days before magic bands, we always used lanyards for tickets, and that's still a great idea if no bag.

Same thing we do at home: shove it in the side of the diaper bag :rotfl: We always have spares in a pocket in the bag, too, just in case.

A ziplock is a super easy solution!

Ours have a cord that you put over your head (like a lanyard), so it will hang in front of you when not using it and when we eat we just rotate it to the back. This way it minimizes touching the front of the mask, or laying it down and forgetting about it.

Paper bags. If you google, you can find the various articles on it. My sis is a doctor and she told me about this early on. We take a supply of paper bags with us folded and with names on them. At home, we have bags labeled #1-7 so we can easily rotate the KN95s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter