• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to spend 3rd birthday?

tinkandonaldfans

DIS Veteran
Next September we’re heading to AKL for two weeks and during which our little girl will turn three! We’ll be on the dining plan and wondering where to go to make it special?

I did wonder about CRT for breakfast but not heard great things other than the experience and as it’s 2 credits I’m not sure if it’s worth it?

Past experience has proved that we’re not massive fans of character dining. Although our daughter loves the characters we find getting her in and out of the high chair and the back and forth getting food along with the chaos of the restaurant makes it more stressful. But if the food was good we’d overlook it. We love the breakfast at garden grill as the food comes to us so and it’s really nice! But she has done this a couple of times so is it special enough for her big day?

what do you think or suggest?

If you are thinking princesses, maybe try Akershus. It's one credit and while there is a small buffet(mostly appetizer things), they mainly bring the food to you. Breakfast is family style and lunch/dinner are off of a menu. Storybook Dining at Artist Point is fun as well of your daughter knows about snow white and her friends. They also bring all the food to you.

My cousin just took her grandkids (both just turned 4 and 3 right before the trip) to the 'Ohana breakfast with Lilo and Stitch. They all really loved it. They service was fantastic and efficient, food was good, character interaction good, and they never had to get up for food. It's 1 TS credit also.

What about Crystal Palace? They have Pooh and friends and it's adorable. Great breakfast! Garden Grill is also a fav for bfast character meals. CRT was worth it for us, we did it for dinner and it was enchanting. I wouldn't do it more than once a trip. my daughter isn't really into princesses like most other 6yo are, but she's super excited to eat in the castle!

If you would like a character meal, other than Garden Grill where the food is served at the table, consider Akershus, 'Ohana breakfast and Trattoria al Forno breakfast. CRT is plated as well, but the others are 1 credit as opposed to the 2 credits needed at CRT. You may want to consider Hoop Dee Doo as well - it's a really fun dinner show and they recognize all birthdays during the show. Ft. W is also a lot of fun to visit and, if the new stable is open during your visit, your DD could possibly go on a pony ride as well.

Our grandkids around that age enjoyed CRT (with a trip to BBB first before breakfast). That would make a special morning! I don't find any WDW food to be "great" if that's what you're looking for, but I'd say CRT food is fine for what it is - fruit and Mickey waffles and chocolate milk was fine with our grandkids.

They also liked 'Ohana and staying at the Poly made it a no-brainer. But we watched the movie in advance - otherwise they wouldn't have had any idea who Lilo and Stitch were. Overall though, I don't think you can beat breakfast in the castle to make a birthday special.

I didn't see Cape May Cafe breakfast mentioned, that might be a good option depending on where you're staying. That was my son's third birthday breakfast and we enjoyed the characters in their beach outfits and the atmosphere there. Not super crazy and plenty of good character interaction.

Thanks for all the suggestions apart from perhaps one! Trying to decide if the castle is worth 2 credits but do think it would make super special! Will have a think as have plenty of time before 180 days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter