Where to stay 1 night

miked1978

Earning My Ears
Long story short we are driving in on a Sunday for the Halloween Party that evening but we are not checking into our resort (Grand Floridian) until the next day. So for that Sunday we want to stay on site or somewhere very close to Disney World that offers transportation since it will be a late night. We plan on getting to Orlando around noon so we will have a couple hours before hitting the Halloween party.

Looking at either one of the value resorts or maybe Drury Inn? Any other suggestions?

I really like the Swolphin. Since you are driving in consider properties at Flamingo Crossings. Very little traffic between there and MK. I’ve stayed there my last couple trips and really liked the convenience. Its a jewel until it gets discovered.

I'd do a value, at Flamingo Crossing they now charge for parking, and you'd have to pay to park at the MK or rideshare home from MNSSHP because those hotels don't offer the afterhours transportation. Not even sure what they offer during park hours (though I do like the Flamingo area). Drury will probably cost more than a value and they charge $25 for parking. And again, they may not offer a shuttle back to the hotel after the party is over.

Swan/Dolphin for price and location
Pop for the lower price & Skyliner access
Port Orleans French Quarter for the small resort size, beauty, the boat to Disney Springs during your arrival afternoon and the great coffee and beignets in the morning after your late night.

I guess Swan/Dolphin are either booked for the date i need or they require more than 1 night stay since they are greyed out on the Disney site. I was thinking All Stars or Pop. Pop is about $50 more but is it worth it compared to the All Stars?
Price is really driving my choice here but transportation is up there too. I dont want to drive back to the room if i can avoid it since it will be after midnight.

I guess Swan/Dolphin are either booked for the date i need or they require more than 1 night stay since they are greyed out on the Disney site. I was thinking All Stars or Pop. Pop is about $50 more but is it worth it compared to the All Stars?
Price is really driving my choice here but transportation is up there too. I dont want to drive back to the room if i can avoid it since it will be after midnight.
Don't check Swan/Dolphin on the Disney site.

https://swandolphin.com/

Pop for $50 more for a 1 night stay probably wouldn't be worth it to me. That's like 50% more, correct?

Long story short we are driving in on a Sunday for the Halloween Party that evening but we are not checking into our resort (Grand Floridian) until the next day. So for that Sunday we want to stay on site or somewhere very close to Disney World that offers transportation since it will be a late night. We plan on getting to Orlando around noon so we will have a couple hours before hitting the Halloween party.

Looking at either one of the value resorts or maybe Drury Inn? Any other suggestions?

Call me crazy, but I'd either add on a night at the GF or change my MNSSHP night to when I'm staying at The GF. There is nothing like leaving the MK at 12-1 am and walking back to your hotel instead of having to drive or wait for a bus.

About 25% more. $179to stay at All Stars and $219 for Pop. Yeah not sure if its worth it.
Not sure if this will help.My daughter is a CM at the Grand Floridian. She's stayed at both Pop and All Stars. I happened to be talking to her yesterday and asked her your question. She said Pop is great if you plan to be Skylining around Epcot and DHS. Otherwise, she said she'd choose All Stars. She said the rooms are basically the same and she preferred the theming at All Stars.

Call me crazy, but I'd either add on a night at the GF or change my MNSSHP night to when I'm staying at The GF. There is nothing like leaving the MK at 12-1 am and walking back to your hotel instead of having to drive or wait for a bus.
I second you there! Walking back to the GF after a late nite party is awesome! If it were me, and I wanted to stay within my planned budget of GF plus 1 night at a Value resort, I'd probably move my GF stay up one night so I'd be there on arrival/party day... enjoy the resort, go to the party, walk back afterward, and move the Value resort night to the last night of my stay.

I’d book a standard room at the cheapest AllStar. And I wouldn’t worry about a room request. Just take whatever is available when you check in at noon, so you can rest and relax for a few hours before the party.

I'm quoting myself to add, if it weren't for the MNSSHP, I'd stay at POP for the night. It's my go-to Value resort for a night here or there. It has everything you need and the Skyliner for transportation.

I would do whatever the cheapest on-property room is. Many offsite hotels that normally offer transportation won't provide it for parties. Taking the bus from Magic Kingdom will be the most direct way home after the party that isn't a monorail resort.

I’d say All Stars but you might be waiting a while to get on a bus, those lines can get looooong.

If cost is less of an issue and you just want somewhere comfortable to crash I’d say POFQ - they only have 1 bus stop and it’s a small footprint so walking back to your room late at night isn’t like hiking half a mile the way it would be at an All Star or Coronado (which is my go-to resort which I love love love but unless you’re in the Tower you have to get lucky to get a room close to the bus AND close to the Mercado.)

Is extending your stay at GF and checking in one day early not an option? If you can swing in, that's what I'd do, since it's so convenient to MK. If it is booked up already, I'd do the Contemporary since you can walk to MK from there as well. The main priority for me, assuming that cost is not a factor, would be to have the option to walk to and from MK as you can potentially be waiting for a bus (or even for the monorail) for a looooooonnng time after the party. If cost IS a factor, I'd book the cheapest value resort onsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter