Where to stay around Atlanta?

loribell

DIS Veteran
Can someone give me some advice on a nice, safe area to stay around Atlanta? We will be there on a Friday night. Have had a bad experience in Louisianna with our car getting broken into the last time we drove to WDW and don't want to end up in a bad area ever again.

Thanks for the advice,

Lori

This is assuming you'll be coming East on I-20.

This hotel is about 20 miles west of Atlanta right off the interstate. It's a great hotel with a good continental breakfast. There is also a great road with lots of good restaurants to choose from right there near the hotel.

Now if your coming South on I-75, I'm not sure what to recommend as I have only stopped further down in Valdosta, but go to www.choicehotels.com and pick any of the ones about 20 miles away from Atlanta in any direction and you should be in a fairly safe area near the interstate.

I agree. I live about 30 minutes from Douglasville, and it's a pretty nice place. Also, there are quite a few resteraunts in the area. You will be less than 2 miles from a Dunkin Donuts, Wendy's, McDonald's, and the like. There is also a new mall just one exit up, Arbor Place. They have a Disney Store on the 2nd floor. (In case you want to pick up a few "souveniers" and hide them away, or need to do some last minute shopping) If you leave D'ville at 8:00 am, you should hit I-75 in less than 2 hours, even with traffic. And from there, it's a straight shot to WDW! Let me know if you need any more help. It's a local call, and I'd be delighted to help. (Guess I just loooooove showing off that southern hospitality)

Thanks for that great Southern hospitality, there is nothing quite like it . I'll save this and let you know if I need any help.

Thanks again,

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter