• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to stay???

tmills

EarningMyEars
We are trying to decide if we should stay at CBR or POFQ. We will be there over Labor Day weekend. We've stayed at POFQ a couple of times, but we haven't stayed at CBR. There will be 4 of us, 2 kids & 2 adults. Any recommendations/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

CBR is currently under major construction, the food area is food trucks and a tent. I would only stay at CBR if you are an adventurous person with an incredible deal.

We loved CBR but as stated above I would not go there this time. Maybe next trip!

We are booked at CBR in December. We booked it last September on a bounceback before the construction was announced. I tried to change but couldn't move & keep our free dining. I am not thrilled to be there. Thankfully the pictures of the rooms & most of the areas away from construction look ok. But I feel like the whole thing is going to be a big gamble. Unless you are the gambling type, I'd stick with FQ & save CBR for another trip.

For full disclosure, I haven't stayed at BR during the construction. I have stayed there when they haven't been doing construction and I absolutely love it! The pool is absolutely fantastic! It's also fun to walk the grounds. I think it really helps that Florida is a tropical climate so they are able to really keep the resort looking like you are in the Caribbean. It is just so relaxing, but also has a lot of fun going on. I also love seeing the Epcot fireworks from various places in the resort. One night on our visit last summer, my husband and I put our daughter to sleep and then sat outside on a bench with a glass of wine just watching Illuminations. It's one of my favorite memories. I absolutely LOVE CBR.

I do have a friend whose favorite resort is CBR. She stayed there last month and said that the construction wasn't nearly as bad as she thought people were making it out to be and that it was still her favorite resort.

For full disclosure, I haven't stayed at BR during the construction. I have stayed there when they haven't been doing construction and I absolutely love it! The pool is absolutely fantastic! It's also fun to walk the grounds. I think it really helps that Florida is a tropical climate so they are able to really keep the resort looking like you are in the Caribbean. It is just so relaxing, but also has a lot of fun going on. I also love seeing the Epcot fireworks from various places in the resort. One night on our visit last summer, my husband and I put our daughter to sleep and then sat outside on a bench with a glass of wine just watching Illuminations. It's one of my favorite memories. I absolutely LOVE CBR.

I do have a friend whose favorite resort is CBR. She stayed there last month and said that the construction wasn't nearly as bad as she thought people were making it out to be and that it was still her favorite resort.
It's definitely not "guaranteed to ruin your vacation" bad.
I stayed there on the 1st night of my trip a month back, and there was no problem as a "arrive late and crash for the night" stay, I even got to enjoy a hammock on the beach while I waited for a load of laundry :cool2:
But there have been a number of personal-preference complaints by some that don't like the market shops (a room in each section converted into a mini-store, but they do have a Coke Freestyle for mug refills), and are indignantly insulted that they were asked to eat in a tent (although it might be the lowest priced breakfast buffet in WDW) or their quiet afternoon stroll was interrupted by construction noise.

While a decent time can be had at CBR, it's not the ideal time to make a 1st impression.

We were at CBR in June, and the construction had minimal impact on our trip. We only saw it driving in & out of the resort, and we never heard anything. I ordered a lot of breakfast items so we ate in our room, and only went to the food tent once for breakfast (and it was fine). I planned most of our other meals at other resorts or in the parks. I did get a room discount as well as a $75 GC/night ($675 for 9 nights). For myself & my daughter that pretty much covered our food. I say all of that to say I would not have stayed there w/out the GC.

If I were currently booking I would not book there... I agree with others about POFQ or POR (we love POR).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter