Where to watch non-local NFL games?

kimj88

Mouseketeer
Going over Thanksgiving week and 1st week of December. Husband is giant and loyal Baltimore Ravens fan. There will be 2 games while we are there. Any place he can watch them?

On property? City Works or Splitsville should have Sunday Ticket.
Otherwise, none of the Disney locations have it.
Off property, there will be a lot.
I bet you could Google NFL Sunday Ticket and the zip code and find bars in the area with it. May even find the Ravens watch group. Pretty much every major city has an official watch location for each NFL team. Just gotta dig it up, sometimes it's not easy to find.

We have had this same problem. If the game is on a local channel you may be able to watch it on tv but you never know until game time. Recently we bought nfl premium plus. We have homes in two states and travel back and forth. My husband is a steelers fan and has to watch every game. We have bought NFL Sunday ticket through Directv but they have several games blocked….nfl premium plus is something we bought a few weeks ago and, so far, it works great and he has been able to watch all of the games. You might want to check it out.

We stayed at the Swan once and he was able to watch the game in the room and that was wonderful. My daughter and I hung out on the boardwalk while he happily watched the game. But, if the game isn’t on a local channel and if it’s blocked out by Sunday ticket on Directv then the only way we’ve been able to see it is on nfl premium plus. If it’s a Thursday night game you can watch it on Amazon prime.

So NFL Premium Plus shows all the same games as NFL Sunday Ticket? I've not seen their offer live games outside our area. Replays yes but not live. Not while NFL Sunday Ticket have exclusive contract (this is their last year for that)

We've had NFL Sunday Ticket and there are no blocked out games, ever.
The only games not shown on NFL Sunday Ticket are games broadcast over the air. So you can watch every game if you subscribe to it

According to the NFL site, no, you can't get ALL NFL games.
Only games within your local TV market, or out of market PREseason games.
Live AUDIO of every game
Replays of ANY game
Not live viewing of ANY game.

The question is, does it let you take "your market" with you out of town? Most providers do not. They track your IP address and if you are not at home, they can see that. I don't know how the NFL app works in that regard. It's how HULULive works, for instance. When you aren't at home, you've viewing of Live broadcast changes.

From FAQ
NFL+ provides access to the live Regular Season and Postseason games that are available in your local TV market, from Kickoff to Super Bowl LVII. Regular season and postseason games are generally available on your phone or tablet. NFL+ also includes live out-of-market preseason games as well as live audio from every game of the season, on any device. With an NFL+ Premium subscription, you can watch full and condensed replays of every game on your schedule.

BAL at JAX might be aired in Orlando on CBS affiliate.
Good point. Should be. Orlando would be within the 200 mile radius of the Jacksonville area, wouldn't it? So it would be their home market. Unless Bucs were on CBS for some reason that week then they'd override it
We have that here, where we overlap both Falcons and Titans. We get Titans on CBS unless Falcons travel to AFC and air on CBS, then they knock the Titans off the air

The cabana bar at Swan and Dolphin used to always have the Sunday ticket. Haven't been there on an NFL weekend since COVID, so can't confirm this year, but a good choice if they still have it. They only have four TVs - so you still had to get there a bit early and make nice with the bartenders to ensure you got the game you wanted.

'Phins at Dolphin has a great TV set up - no idea if they have Sunday ticket, but if they do that would also be a good on property spot.

ETA: I just checked DirectTv's Sports Bar Finder app and Cabana bar shows up for having Sunday ticket, Phins does not. May not be 100% accurate, but probably right. Also shows Splitsville, AMC Dine In, and Boathouse in Disney Springs. And shows "Springs Food Service" with the address of Coronado Springs Resort - wondering if that means Rix has it?

Last edited:
The cabana bar at Swan and Dolphin used to always have the Sunday ticket. Haven't been there on an NFL weekend since COVID, so can't confirm this year, but a good choice if they still have it. They only have four TVs - so you still had to get there a bit early and make nice with the bartenders to ensure you got the game you wanted.

'Phins at Dolphin has a great TV set up - no idea if they have Sunday ticket, but if they do that would also be a good on property spot.

ETA: I just checked DirectTv's Sports Bar Finder app and Cabana bar shows up for having Sunday ticket, Phins does not. May not be 100% accurate, but probably right. Also shows Splitsville, AMC Dine In, and Boathouse in Disney Springs. And shows "Springs Food Service" with the address of Coronado Springs Resort - wondering if that means Rix has it?
AMC Dine In? That's just odd one to pay for it. That's a high ticket item for a business. Maybe they think parents will drop kids at movies and sit and watch games while their kids watch movies? That or it's City Works coming up at that address

Rix would make sense. Matter of fact, I know they have it. We've watched a game with it there before. They do like ESPN used to. Not with the package but will ask what game you want and place you at that TV, space permitting. I forgot all about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter