Where were your favourite hang out places as a child?

reecejackox

DIS Veteran
Mine was the local park , I lived 20 yards from a playing Field so spent most of my child hood there

The desert was our playground as kids.

As a tween/teen- Poe’s Place, a pizzeria/arcade. Ms Pac-Man champion 1982 right here.

As a teen- Out behind the Circle K. I plead the 5th as to what we did there.

The woods. I was raised as an only child living out in the country so, yeah, much of my childhood was spent wandering alone in the woods with the dog.

By the time I was in middle/high school and had more ability to get myself places, my time was mostly divided between after-school activities and friends’ houses.

Raised on a farm so there were hundreds of places to go have fun. Of course, there were hundreds of places to go work too, so it was a happy medium.

At the softball field.
On Dad's flat bottom boat fishing.
And FunTime Skating rink. Nothing like rolling around the rink dodging little kids and timid skaters :)

The school playground and the playground directly across the street from our elementary school at one of the small City Parks.

When we got older, it was the small mall closest to us with the movie theater, arcade, and the most amazing NY Style pizza place.

When we got our own wheels, it was the mall and the movie theater and pizza or it was Denny's on Friday night because our friend got out of work at Walmart at 11:30 and we'd go take up a huge booth, eat, and then drive around aimlessly, occasionally stopping for a coffee at Tim Hortons.

Then the mall closed, we graduated from college, and some of us got married and then scattered.

Now, we run into each other at the Walmart where the mall once stood, or have a meetup for coffee at Starbucks two towns over.

As a kid the woods mostly, the kids(mostly cousins) would get together and we would roam the woods for hours.
As a young teen usually someone’s house or out on the water, we all had skiffs at early ages and would go swimming, fishing, hiking through miles of marshland simply to explore a lone tree in the marsh, or (don’t tell our parents) but we would ride out little boats over to the touristy areas (about 8 miles over open water) to check out the girls.
As older teens we would cruise around looking for others cruising around.

A local park where there was an ice rink all winter and kids softball leagues in the summer. The bowling alley, LOL, I LOVED, LOVED the bowling alley. I was in a kids league for years and... there were boys!!, And another park across town by my grandparents. In junior high years before a driver's license my friends and I would bike there and literally hang for hours. Again, we were there for the boys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter