• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where were your favourite places to sleep growing up?

My own bed and my grandfather's bed
when the grownups stayed late talking.
I still remember what my great-grandmother's
handmade quilt felt like on top of me :love:

Across the street on buddy's back porch. We did it often in the summers from around 10 years old and on.

My parents never really made us (me and my brother) sleep in our beds. We slept on living room couches, family room couches, and I used to like to talk on the phone laying on the floor in the dining room and would fall asleep there. Writing it out, it makes it sound like chaos but it actually wasn’t. My parents had a lot of rules. I was always just a night owl and they realized it wasn’t worth fighting it. I think this is partly why I can sleep anywhere, anytime especially on any kind of transportation.

My brother would usually sleep in his bed. They enforced his “bedtime” more than mine because he would actually fall asleep. But he had night terrors and would end up in my parents’ bed.

Bunk beds, anywhere...camp, friends' houses, whatever. It's weird because I have a fear of heights, but I always felt like I slept better in a top bunk. Second choice would be my grandma's house. I'd get the bedroom that used to be my mom's, with a double bed, if I was sleeping alone. Or if I was sick or whatever, Grandma would sleep with me in the room that used to be my uncle's, which had a king sized bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter