• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where will you never eat again in Epcot

May I direct you to the superior slushie at the France pavilion, the Gran Marnier slushie. It's served in the permanent kiosk at the pavilion, just a few steps away from where the France F&W booth would be located.
Have one and you may instantly go for another. There will be no further questions about whether or not there was enough alcohol in it. ;)

As far as places we won't return to, the restaurant inside the pyramid in Mexico. Such great atmosphere, such a disappointing menu.
The Ice Cream Martini at the L'Artisan des Glaces in France pavillion ..... wow.

Wouldn't bother waiting in line for the Italian margarita again. The gelato at the same stand is a different story

I also got sick after Space 220. No one else in my family did, though. It was a one and done for us, anyway. We didn't think it was worth the cost for the experience.

I also think Garden Grill is overhyped, but I can see how it is a fun tradition for families!

DD doesn't like the food at Akershus, so that's a no too.

San Angel Inn was fun only because I requested a table by the water, and we loved watching the boats go by from the 3 Caballeros ride. :) Food was mediocre at best.

When we go back to Disney next, I think we are going to skip TS restaurants and stick with QS - there are so many we love.

I also got sick after Space 220. No one else in my family did, though. It was a one and done for us, anyway. We didn't think it was worth the cost for the experience.

I also think Garden Grill is overhyped, but I can see how it is a fun tradition for families!

San Angel Inn was fun only because I requested a table by the water, and we loved watching the boats go by from the 3 Caballeros ride. :) Food was mediocre at best.

When we go back to Disney next, I think we are going to skip TS restaurants and stick with QS - there are so many we love.
I had short rib sliders at the Space 220 lounge. Inedible! We will not be back!

We enjoy festival food and drinks, mostly, and some QS places in Epcot - England (fish and chips w malt vinegar). Germany (bratwurst and apple strudel), China (average ‘take out’ with bonus of getting a spectacular picture of Mulan walking by while I happened to be waiting in line), Norway (school bread or cinnamon roll for show); kids like Mexico by water. DS and I got absolutely horrible iced coffees one super hot day at Sunshine Seasons (which they made us specifically as I guess it’s an odd request) and they made us both feel ill. We’ve eaten quick lunches at SS that were uninspired, but ok (at least it’s cool in there).

But we’ve been to many of the TS restaurants, too, and none are really “never again”. I mean, pricey, for sure. But overall not bad, either, and we’ve never been made sick at any of them.

Going from latest experiences, have enjoyed Garden Grill (both last year right before it started spinning again, and back when it used to just have ice cream sundaes), Biergarten (hope to go again, was pretty unique and we enjoyed the food and beer; polkas a sentimental family thing), Le Cellier (decent meal but slow to get bill once meal over), Coral Reef (one of the best steaks we’ve had at WDW but that was quite a while back when MYW Dining first started; can’t imagine how today’s beef quality and prices will affect Disney restaurants); kids have enjoyed San Angel Inn. Menus from Mexico, Norway, France and Morocco never much appealed to us, and we prefer our own Italian food and pizzas if other choices are available. We would like to try Rose and Crown sometime.

$500 for a meal for a family of four is really outrageous! :faint:

Garden Grill was one and done for us. Didn’t care for the food. I could get behind a Dennys-style GG breakfast though. I thought the food was fine at other character meals (Hollywood and Vine, Be our guest).

Starbucks 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think I did Starbucks once because I wanted "My coffee" and the wait was ridiculous:sad2:
IKR, what is it about Starbucks at EPCOT? We always ending up waiting a long time there even when the line looks short. Conversely, Main Street Bakery in MK can have a line all the way out on Main Street and they still get people through pretty quickly.

IKR, what is it about Starbucks at EPCOT? We always ending up waiting a long time there even when the line looks short. Conversely, Main Street Bakery in MK can have a line all the way out on Main Street and they still get people through pretty quickly.
It can but where else am I going to get "My" drink?" I can literally feel my kids eyeballing me right now!:rolleyes1:smooth:

I hate it when someone gets sick after eating at a restaurant. You just know you'll NEVER go back and give them another try. We all got food poisoning from the KFC cole slaw decades ago and NONE of us have been back.

I don't understand the comments about never going back to a restaurant at WDW because there are better versions near their home lol. The reasons I won't go back are bad food or meh food with wildly overpriced selections. With that said,

Garden Grill lunch/dinner fits BOTH those criteria (PLEASE bring the fantastic breakfast back Disney!)
Chefs de France fits both these criteria
Le Cellier fits just the overpriced criteria

8 or 9 years ago, Joffrey's never seemed to have a big line. On the past couple trips, it seems to have grown. We usually went in August and I would stop several times a day for an espresso. I wonder if they didn't have cold drinks back then???
Or whiskey 🤷🏻‍♂️😕

I don't understand the comments about never going back to a restaurant at WDW because there are better versions near their home lol. The reasons I won't go back are bad food or meh food with wildly overpriced selections. With that said,

Garden Grill lunch/dinner fits BOTH those criteria (PLEASE bring the fantastic breakfast back Disney!)
Chefs de France fits both these criteria
Le Cellier fits just the overpriced criteria
Absolutely. And I've seen so many comments about Chef's de France and that is sad. I LOVE that place and visit every trip. Sad to hear it's gone down in food and service.

Hmmm. I didn't even think of that. I usually have one beer at dinner on vacation and that's about as much as I can handle.
I don’t drink whiskey at Joffery’s. I just noticed when they started serving it there. I thought it kind of odd. Get off Tower of Terror at 9am and go get a donut and a coffee with a shot of whiskey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter