Where Would You Eat?

meghanmione

Mouseketeer
Hey all! I was looking for some suggestions for a restaurant to eat at for lunch on our HS day during our trip at the end of the month. Our plan is to tackle HS during the morning hours, grab a bite to eat for lunch, head back to the resort to rest before going back to the park that night. Ideally we would want lunch to be not too far from the HS area or WL where we are staying. We have chosen not to do Mama Melrose's since we're having Italian the night before so another cuisine is preferable. In a perfect world I would find an opening for Bn'C over at the BC but they're all booked up (should I keep trying?). SO, where would you eat? Thanks for the suggestions.

The Fountain at Swan/Dolphin is a good choice if you’re looking for something like. BnC.
I've never been inside the Swan/Dolphin so I didn't even know that place existed!
Brown Derby, SciFi, 50’s PT …are options. Then again, you could just go back to the resort and grab lunch at Geyser Point!
Would love to get SciFi but no times either. What I get for last minute trips. I was thinking of Geyser Point, I've heard good things.

Just looked at the menu. YUM! May go for that one.
Sci-Fi was packed when we were there around July 4th weekend but they were accepting walk up/stand bys and honestly everyone got seated pretty quickly thereafter within 15-20 minutes I'd say which isn't bad for Sci-Fi. Could always try that.

As mentioned previously, Beaches and Cream is a reasonable choice. We have also taken the SkyLiner over to Riviera and eaten at the quick service there. Nothing fancy but it was relaxing and a nice way to check out the resort.

Hey all! I was looking for some suggestions for a restaurant to eat at for lunch on our HS day during our trip at the end of the month. Our plan is to tackle HS during the morning hours, grab a bite to eat for lunch, head back to the resort to rest before going back to the park that night. Ideally we would want lunch to be not too far from the HS area or WL where we are staying. We have chosen not to do Mama Melrose's since we're having Italian the night before so another cuisine is preferable. In a perfect world I would find an opening for Bn'C over at the BC but they're all booked up (should I keep trying?). SO, where would you eat? Thanks for the suggestions.
Late breakfast at Topolino's and getting there via the Skyliner.

This is very specific, but if you think your party would like Cobb salads, then the Hollywood Brown Derby is an awesome choice. The salads are $20 each.

We "never" dine signature, so the only way we'll do HBD is if we all get the Cobb salad. Thankfully we all love it. It's their signature meal. It's perfect for lunch because a good sized salad to fill you up, but not feel too heavy.

Dan

This is very specific, but if you think your party would like Cobb salads, then the Hollywood Brown Derby is an awesome choice. The salads are $20 each.

We "never" dine signature, so the only way we'll do HBD is if we all get the Cobb salad. Thankfully we all love it. It's their signature meal. It's perfect for lunch because a good sized salad to fill you up, but not feel too heavy.

Dan
I never had a Cobb salad until earlier this year and then I fell in love with them. I had plans to try the Cobb at HBD and it didn't work out this last trip but any time we get back to Disney World that is going to be on my must do list.

Ale and Compass over at the YC or Big River Brewing have decent menu options. You could take the Friendship Boats to either or you could take the skyliner to Epcot and walk over to them.

Dan

HBD is one of our favorites. We always have a lunch there every trip and get the Cobb salad and I have the grapefruit cake for dessert. We also always do dinner at 50’s PTC.

Ronto Roaster's. You don't have to like Star Wars, those Ronto Wraps are wonderful for a mid day refuel.

In a perfect world I would find an opening for Bn'C over at the BC but they're all booked up (should I keep trying?).

I would keep trying and just do a waitlist day off otherwise.

If you don't get in and are there then just go to Primo at Rivera.

Also, make sure to check for beaches and cream periodically the day before you would like to go there. Many folks end up canceling the day before to avoid the per person fee for no-shows.

Dan

BnC isn’t getting the love recently from people on this board.
If you want something before you leave the park, the Brown Derby lounge is walk up with the Cobb salad and other great options. Baseline Tap House outside Sci Fi had under appreciated steak in puff pastry, plus charcuterie and a terrific pretzel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter