• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where would you go?

foolish-mortal

Your ghost host
We've been to WDW many times. But, this fall I'll be there for a few days for a conference and my husband is joining me. No kids! We're staying at the GF. We stayed there once before but it's been a few years. So, I'm looking for a dining recommendation for just the two of us either at DS or in one of the resorts. OK with casual or signature. Not interested in V&A and Narcoossee's menu didn't really jump out at me (even though I like seafood). But open to any others. We haven't done most restaurants in the resorts and we've only had quick service at DS. So, any of them will be new for us. We like all kinds of food. Just looking for something new and enjoyable. No specific expectations.

Where would you go? Thanks for any recommendations!

Thanks, everyone! I already had Jiko in the back of my mind so I'm leaning towards that. I absolutely love AKL but have never eaten there.

We did a kidless dinner at Topolinos recently. Was awesome. Got there an hour early and had drinks outside on terrace. Had a great dinner. Popped out to watch part of harmonious. ( mainly the coco scene) then finished. Food was sooooo good. And experience was top notch.

Walk or boat to MK and then take a boat over to the Wilderness Lodge and go to Geyser Point! We also like Sanaa. If you go a little before sunset you can see the animals from your table. AKL is pretty to walk around, you can take the shuttle between Kidani (where Sanaa is) and Jambo (the main building)

We've been to WDW many times. But, this fall I'll be there for a few days for a conference and my husband is joining me. No kids! We're staying at the GF. We stayed there once before but it's been a few years. So, I'm looking for a dining recommendation for just the two of us either at DS or in one of the resorts. OK with casual or signature. Not interested in V&A and Narcoossee's menu didn't really jump out at me (even though I like seafood). But open to any others. We haven't done most restaurants in the resorts and we've only had quick service at DS. So, any of them will be new for us. We like all kinds of food. Just looking for something new and enjoyable. No specific expectations.

Where would you go? Thanks for any recommendations!

I know you say Narcoosees menu didn't jump out at you - it didn't to me, either. But our last trip we wound up with a last minute reservation there and it honestly blew me away. The food was some of the best I've had on property and the views were beautiful. That was also before the recent refurbishment. Now I can't wait to go back! I'm not saying it's a must-do, bc that's obviously different for everyone, but maybe don't rule it out.

Other places I'd recommend might depend on what you're looking for.

For romantic atmostphere, I'd do Monsieur Paul.
For silly, fun entertainment, I'd do Hoop Dee Doo.
For high theming, San Angel Inn.
For amazing food and a beautiful view, California Grill (a favorite of mine)
For casual dining, I love Geyser Grill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter