Where would you like to spend the last moments of your life?

I’ve been giving this too much thought lately. I’m going to say my bed because I want to go to sleep one night and just not wake up. Have a neighbor or family member call the police to do a welfare check a week or two later and then be carted off to wherever they send bodies without a close family member to claim it.

I’ve been giving this too much thought lately. I’m going to say my bed because I want to go to sleep one night and just not wake up. Have a neighbor or family member call the police to do a welfare check a week or two later and then be carted off to wherever they send bodies without a close family member to claim it.
Sending bug hugs and much love ❤️

I'd prefer not to die suddenly, and if there's a bit of a run-up, I want to be in a hospital or hospice. I don't have a good impression of people "dying at home" and I'd never inflict that on my loved ones.

I'd prefer not to die suddenly, and if there's a bit of a run-up, I want to be in a hospital or hospice. I don't have a good impression of people "dying at home" and I'd never inflict that on my loved ones.
Going through the process at home was the only option my parents insurance would pay for. We all would have preferred a hospital setting but it would have cost thousands of dollars a day out of pocket to do that. I understand not wanting to do that to your loved ones. No part of that was easy in any way.

Going through the process at home was the only option my parents insurance would pay for. We all would have preferred a hospital setting but it would have cost thousands of dollars a day out of pocket to do that. I understand not wanting to do that to your loved ones. No part of that was easy in any way.
Blessedly, cost isn't an issue for us here. Wouldn't even cross anybody's mind.

The Alhambra.
Had to look that up as I wasn't familiar, so thanks for new info!

I haven't really thought of this situation, but as of now I think I'd say pain-free and drama-free. With family, if possible. Quietly, in my sleep. Having let go of any regrets.

in the 'inbetween' state my mother inhabited. she was (thankfully) pain free. she drifted into an almost dream like state where she began verbally engaging in entirely lucid conversations with friends and family who had passed. the conversations sounded exactly like the ones i overheard as a child going back 40 years earlier when 'get togethers' were planned. there were discussions of food to serve (and whose recipie for a certain dish would be used), indivdual attendees personal likes, and HOW MUCH my mom was looking forward to 'everyone getting together again-it's been waaaaaay to long'. by all appearances it was a two way conversation-she would **** her ear and then respond to questions only she heard. some must have been about others still alive and healthy b/c she would reply 'oh no, she won't be there-it's much too soon but someday'. she would laugh at unheard jokes, giggle and tell childhood schoolyard dust ups they had gotten into, tear up when she 'heard' about some long passed family friend who would be attending remarking 'i've missed you all for so long'. her voice was stronger, her manner happier, her entire body seemed to glow.

I would like to just go to sleep one night and have the end come quietly, painless, in my own bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter