Where would you stay with 5 people?

ajollyholidaywithjo

Mouseketeer
We have 3 "families" - one couple, a parent with a child, and one single person. We've considered so many options and I'm having a hard time deciding. I was leaning towards two rooms at Pop, but I'm getting some push back on that. I also looked at Fort Wilderness cabins, but I've heard terrible complaints about the beds there and transportation. We also considered AoA, but I've also heard not good things about the beds there too. Contemporary also got thrown into the mix, since you can fit 5 to a room, but I worry about those close quarters with 5 people.

I would recommend two rooms with that party mix. Not sure how many nights you are planning, but sleeping surfaces will be difficult with the ages of the people. Will the parent and the single person be comfortable sharing the same bed? If not, and you get a 5th sleeper, that bed will be smaller than a twin, and depending on the size of the 4th adult, they may not fit or be very comfortable sleeping there. It's designed for a child. Maybe a Family Suite at ASM? There will be 3 beds there, one a queen sized Murphy bed that has a regular mattress.

The ASMusic or AoA family suites will give you 3 beds. Not sure what you heard negative, but the murphy table/bed is a regular mattress.

Other recommendations may depend on the relationships... who might share beds, etc.

ETA: I must type slow...PP had similar thoughts/questions.

The ASMusic or AoA family suites will give you 3 beds. Not sure what you heard negative, but the murphy table/bed is a regular mattress.

Other recommendations may depend on the relationships... who might share beds, etc.

More like great minds think alike! 🤣

No to a hotel room with 2 Q and a daybed. That is not enough space for those ages. And 1 sleeping room is a lot of togetherness. No snorers in the group? Everyone is cool sleeping 10 feet or far less from each other? Nighttime bathroom trips of all those people won’t wake the kid up over and over and over? 1 room sounds like you’re setting yourself up for disaster.

Basically I've just heard in the Art of Animation Facebook group that the murphy bed and sofa bed are uncomfortable.

Basically I've just heard in the Art of Animation Facebook group that the murphy bed and sofa bed are uncomfortable.
The murphy bed is a regular queen size mattress, I believe it's the exact same mattress as the bed in the bedroom. The sofa bed is a typical sofa bed, probably best for kids though maybe an adult can tolerate it for a couple of nights. That's where the question of who sleeps with whom comes in...

I would do the two rooms at Pop to have at least two real beds and two bathrooms. AoA is cute, but I personally found the sofa bed to be very uncomfortable. I also found the hallways at AoA to be quite noisy. I would not put 5 people from 3 different families in one room with one bathroom.
This would be my vote as well. We love POP!

2 rooms at a mod would be a nice option. Any of them would work. Just choose the theming you like.

I do lean to CSR in GDT for convenience . It’s like a separate hotel attached to a bigger resort.

I think you need three separate sleep/living areas and three bathrooms for this kind of group. So I would do Art of Animation. A suite where the couple and parent/kid will live and a Little Mermaid room for the single person.

Two rooms at ASMusic? I slept on the murphy bed in November and it was very comfortable, just like a real bed!

We have 3 "families" - one couple, a parent with a child, and one single person. We've considered so many options and I'm having a hard time deciding. I was leaning towards two rooms at Pop, but I'm getting some push back on that. I also looked at Fort Wilderness cabins, but I've heard terrible complaints about the beds there and transportation. We also considered AoA, but I've also heard not good things about the beds there too. Contemporary also got thrown into the mix, since you can fit 5 to a room, but I worry about those close quarters with 5 people.
In that situation I'd do 2 rooms...at any value over 5 in a regular room.

If you want ONE, shared, but slightly separate space, All Star Music family suite. Three real beds, two connected rooms, two,full bathrooms. Oh.. and a decent size refrigerator, microwave, small sink in a kitchen area.

The AoA suites are adorable, but the sofa bed is okay for a kid, but most adults aren’t going to want more than 1-2 nights on it. They need to renovation those rooms to have two Murphy beds and then they will hold more appeal again.

If the parent and child are willing to do two bunk beds, or the solo adult and kid bunk beds, the treehouses at SSR are fun. Those have three bedrooms, but one of the rooms has only small bunk beds. They have a sofa bed, too, in the main room.

Any two bedroom villa would work, too. But that’s a lot of money.

The cheapest route, two rooms at an All Star and ask for them to be adjoining.

No way I’d put that combo of five in one room for more than one night.

If you want ONE, shared, but slightly separate space, All Star Music family suite. Three real beds, two connected rooms, two,full bathrooms. Oh.. and a decent size refrigerator, microwave, small sink in a kitchen area.

The AoA suites are adorable, but the sofa bed is okay for a kid, but most adults aren’t going to want more than 1-2 nights on it. They need to renovation those rooms to have two Murphy beds and then they will hold more appeal again.

If the parent and child are willing to do two bunk beds, or the solo adult and kid bunk beds, the treehouses at SSR are fun. Those have three bedrooms, but one of the rooms has only small bunk beds. They have a sofa bed, too, in the main room.

Any two bedroom villa would work, too. But that’s a lot of money.

The cheapest route, two rooms at an All Star and ask for them to be adjoining.

No way I’d put that combo of five in one room for more than one night.
^ALL THIS but ask for two rooms CONNECTING. Adjoining only means "close" proximity, which could be same building but different floors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter