Which actors can you not stand?

It’s pretty easy to hit the mute button or change the channel. I guess I just don’t get riled up by it.

Same here. I assume all actors/celebrities in TV ads are getting paid to endorse the product. Regardless of whether it is a coffee maker, shoes or a car, I have no idea if they actually use/like the product vs. just getting paid to pretend they do. Really has zero influence if I choose to buy that product.

I did laugh at all the Chris Pratt drama this week. I don't really like him but it has nothing to do with his politics, personal life etc - I liked him in Jurassic World but then I saw Passengers and I haven't liked him or Jennifer Lawrence since :duck:

Same here. I assume all actors/celebrities in TV ads are getting paid to endorse the product. Regardless of whether it is a coffee maker, shoes or a car, I have no idea if they actually use/like the product vs. just getting paid to pretend they do. Really has zero influence if I choose to buy that product.
....so you don't have an "ah ah" moment with Mark Hamill and Patrick Stewart?....I would name the product, but I forgot⏳🤷‍♀️🌽...however I in my "ah ah" moment with Curtis Armstrong...Ii do remember what he is selling. 🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕

I guess I will never know because I will either never watch them or be tased in the eyeballs and go blind. Those commercials have destroyed any desire I ever had to own a Lincoln.
Not that I really care, but if you never watched them how could it have destroyed any desire to own a Lincoln unless you didn't have any desire to do that before you ever heard of it.

Not that I really care, but if you never watched them how could it have destroyed any desire to own a Lincoln unless you didn't have any desire to do that before you ever heard of it.
There were a couple episodes I watched on YouTubeTV that were on demand style, you could not fast forward through the commercials. They were shown at every commercial break. I have seen enough to know I would rather be tased in the eyeballs before being forced to watch them again. The commercials left me with a strong emotional desire to never own a Lincoln.

edited: My comment that I would never watch them was directed at the request I research and watch more about how and why they were filmed in that horrific style.

Chevy Chase. My parents worked on SNL back in the day and my mom always said he was such a mean person. I never grew up with his films because of it.
Good thing Billy Murray was nice or you would have a big hole in you cinema history. So the Griswald and caddyshack references going right over your head Huh?😥....oh wait...I see grew up with....so when was your first Chevy Chase movie?

IMO, the difference is that certain celebrities are so vocal and feel their opinion is SOOO vitally important that we as a society should be waiting with bated breath to hear who they are going to endorse so we can follow suit. It is annoying. Very annoying. I am not saying all of them, but for me, personally, a few bad apples ruined the bunch. And now anytime I hear one them getting on their soapbox, I'm annoyed. Shut up. Especially when you preach one thing yet live in gated multi million dollar home.

And the best celebrity to NOT do this ... Ricky Gervais! Love him. :thumbsup2
View attachment 534636
They come from different backgrounds and different cultures. Its unfair to paint them all with one broad brush. Sure some are full of themselves but you see that a lot on the DIS and elsewhere too. Besides as already pointed out, some get reviled if they don't give their opinions. That's a no win situation.

They come from different backgrounds and different cultures. Its unfair to paint them all with one broad brush. Sure some are full of themselves but you see that a lot on the DIS and elsewhere too. Besides as already pointed out, some get reviled if they don't give their opinions. That's a no win situation.

That is why I said a few bad apples ruined it for all for ME. It's just my opinion. I don't expect everyone else to feel the same way I do.

Chevy Chase. My parents worked on SNL back in the day and my mom always said he was such a mean person. I never grew up with his films because of it.
My in-laws met him in his SNL- early film days. They said he was a total jerk to them. She refuses to watch any of his movies.

Kelly Ripa. Ugh, just typing out her name makes me cringe!

Charlie Sheen. I <3 his father, but Charlie is still a train wreck.
Robin, both Charlie and Martin are just "wonderful" in the SingleCare ad. Right?

I don't care for ANY actor who tries to sway the public with their political views!
We can make up our own minds.
When are they going to learn that they aren't experts on anything, and we don't want or need their advice!
Not to single you out specifically, but it is interesting to me that I see this opinion constantly. 'No one cares what you think! Yet, I will be very angry about it and let my opinion of your opinion be known every chance I get!'

If their opinion is not needed and useless, can't you just ignore it?

The reality is, anyone that has this opinion is really just angry because they disagree with the opinion and hide behind 'I just don't want politics involved'. No, you just don't want to hear an opposing view on a subject. No one is saying this when someone states an opinion they agree with, they just say 'see, this celebrity gets it!'

OK I tried to trudge through the posts but couldn't get past one more "actors should just shut up and entertain".

Mayim Bialik has a PhD in Neuroscience
Danica McKellar (Winnie from The Wonder Years) is a mathematician who authored a theorem with two other mathematicians
Graham Chapman (of Monty Python fame) had his MD
Ken Jeong also has his MD
Shaquille O'Neal has a PhD in Education
James Franco has a masters degree from Columbia U and is currently working on a PhD
Natalie Portman has a degree in Psychology
Carrie Underwood graduated Magna Cum Laude from Northeastern U, degree in Mass Communcations
Rebel Wilson has a law degree
Lisa Kudrow has a degree in Biology
David Duchovny has a masters in English Lit
Ashton Kutcher studied Biochem
Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) has a degree in Criminology\

These aren't honorary degrees. A good number of these folks are smarter than 75% of the people on this board. To assume that because they choose to be performers, they aren't smart enough/worthy of political opinions or expertise outside of acting is ludicrous.

These aren't honorary degrees. A good number of these folks are smarter than 75% of the people on this board. To assume that because they choose to be performers, they aren't smart enough/worthy of political opinions or expertise outside of acting is ludicrous.

I agree that they are entitled to their opinions. However, I have no interest in their opinions unless it is about the roles they are playing or projects they are involved with. If they are an expert in a particular field, such as those you listed, and they are discussing their specialty, then it would depend on whether I had an interest in that particular field as well. Those discussions would tend to be more factual than just an opinion. My opinion is no more or less important than the opinion of any celebrity, whether it’s politics, fashion, health, or any other subject. We are all equal when it comes to opinions. Facts are another story . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter