• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which breakfast character meal? HELP!? -poll-

Which character meal is the best for breakfast?

• Restaurant Akershus

• Chef Mickey's

• Ohana

• Crystal Palace

• 1900 Park Faire

Results are only viewable after voting.

esmetutu

A Bear Band bear
We are trying to plan a nice breakfast for one of our mornings. We love breakfast, and don't really care about the type of characters as much as we just want to go to a character meal. Keep in mind we have a DD6...

Any explanations or reasons, etc. would also be appreciated.

TIA!

All the restaurants have fantastic meals, but I prefer CP. The decor is absolutely beautiful and the character interaction with children is wonderful( each character comes to your table and makes a " fuss" over the kids. My dd's (ages 5 and 6) loved this meal.The food is delicious and plentiful! :sunny:

One vote for Chef Mickeys! We took our kids there on our last trip earlier this month. My DS9 and 5 loved this place! Also since Mickey Mouse is there, it makes it even better(in fact, both my kids got hugs from Mickey Mouse so I got those tears!). The food is decent and just the atmosphere of the monorail going by is cool too. Price is not bad, for a character breakfast. It was about $63.00 for the four of us, but it is a buffet so you can eat as much as you want. Good selection of breakfast items. Enjoy your trip! ;)

I voted for 1900 Park Faire - it's the only character meal we've been to so I can't compare to others but the food was lovely, LOADS of character interaction and Mary Poppins is there - what more can I say :thumbsup2

I voted for PSB at Akershus just because that is what our little princess enjoys. I love 1900 Park Fare but for dinner. Chef Mickey's is also wonderful but I have only had dinner there.

One thing you may want to consider in making your decision is what park you may be in/near. That way you can make the most of both the breakfast and your park day. Let us know how you make out.

I didn't vote because you didn't say where you are going to be when you are eating the breakfast. If you are going to MK than I would pick the Crystal Palace, even though most of the others you could do too. The Crystal Palace is my favorite place to go for breakfast because of the food - yummy!!! :goodvibes

If you are going somewhere else, than I would do Chef Mickeys. This place is so much fun and it is my favorite place for atmosphere :mickeyjum

I did not like 1900 Park Fare for dinner, so I'm sure I wouldn't love it for breakfast :sad2:

The one at Animal Kingdom I have no opinion on, but if I were at AK I would try it :)

I picked CP, although I must admit we haven't had breakfast there yet. We loved our lunches there and have a breakfast scheduled for August. It is beautiful, and the characters are terrific. As an added benefit, if you can book before the park is open in the morning, you'll have a chance to get some photos in front of the castle with no one (or almost no one) in them.

Beth

I was all set to vote for this, and it wasn't even on your list!!!!!

Did you just forget it, or do you not like it for some reason?

We decided on the Crystal Palace breakfast. Thanks everyone so much for the input!

I voted for Ohanas. My DS5 loved this breakfast. It was a lot of fun. Especially if you love Stitch. Lilo was cool and Mickey was there too!

The food was really great. My DS5 is a bacon fiend and they brought him a plate full of the stuff.

esmetutu said:
We decided on the Crystal Palace breakfast. Thanks everyone so much for the input!

I think you'll like this one a lot. We enjoyed it and the characters were very attentive! Great food, bleh coffee (as usual).

1900 park fare if you're driving is a mess for parking and the waiting area is really crowded. Chef Mickey's is loud but no worries on the parking or waiting area. Both have good food and character interaction. If you are starting out your trip I vote Chef Mickey's for Mickey and Minnie interaction. But, I haven't been to the others yet. Will be doing lunches at CP and Norway this sept.

Another vote for CP.

The food was delicious and the restaurant is just beautiful. Frankly, we weren't that interested in the characters (we were without kids and are not, ourselves, character people), but noticed that they spent a lot of time with the little girl seated next to us. As an added bonus, if you get the earliest ADRs on a non-EMH day, you get to experience a virtually empty Main Street. We got great pictures of the castle with hardly anyone else around.

I vote Chef Mickeys!! :cool1: It was a ton of fun. Tons of great pictures too. Chip and Dale even fed my niece her bottle and cereal. (So Cute ) We had a 7:30 res so there was no one in the place and the characters came to our table three or four times each.
We did the one at AK last year and it was just OK.

If your DD is totally into the princesses, I would recommend the Princess Storybook Breakfast at Epcot. However, I voted for Crystal Palace. I've eaten breakfast at Crystal Palace, Princess Storybook Breakfast, 1900 Park Fare, and Chef Mickey's. Of those, the food was best at CP. The character interaction with Pooh & friends was awesome! I booked a 10:30 ADR & we were about the last breakfast seating. As we were finishing up, there was almost no one else in the restaurant. Pooh played "Ring Around the Rosey" with only my kids! It was great! Our server made family pics of us with Pooh & Eeyore with no one else in the picture! Plus, the restaurant itself is just beautiful.

Hope this helps you make a decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter