Which cell phone provider has the best coverage at disneyland and CA?

Sillysox

Mouseketeer
will be coming from Canada and the roaming costs on our own plans are insane so will probably purchase a prepaid sim card with data. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for who to go with for the best coverage? Bonus if you know of good deals. Probably will be 3 big people wanting data on their phones! :headache:

I don't have anything to compare to so I can't say "the best", but my husband and I have verizon and used both
DAS and genie+ which require a lot of phone use, and I don't remember ever not having coverage. Maybe deep in Soarin? generally speaking we always had service when we were scheduling something.

We have AT&T, and it works even deep inside of some ride queues. TBH, it was better there than it is at our house lol.

If you need data, the in park Wi-Fi is pretty good, where your cellular service can be saved for dead spots or when you’re away from the park. I wandered around doing a work meeting on a Wi-Fi iPad and it never disconnected, and the speed was consistently good. Other than that, I think it’s AT&T that has cellular towers inside the park, so whatever prepaid service that uses them.

And for calling I’d see if maybe the service allows for Wi-Fi calling, which is like VoIP. I know some think it’s a cheat by the service providers, but the quality with a good Wi-Fi connection is superior.

I have Verizon and always get great service at DLR. Maybe it's partially the phone as well?
Maybe but Verizon is falling behind the other cell phone carriers and resting on its laurels. Their 5G has been a huge disappointment. Wall St. has reacted by making it the worst performing telecommunications company over the last 3 years. Their underinvestments are far worse that Disney.

Maybe but Verizon is falling behind the other cell phone carriers and resting on its laurels. Their 5G has been a huge disappointment. Wall St. has reacted by making it the worst performing telecommunications company over the last 3 years. Their underinvestments are far worse that Disney.
Really?! I had no idea. I haven't noticed any difference.

At&t used to be a sponsor of the Indiana Jones ride. That said, I have Verizon and it's worked fine there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter