Which characters typically show up to the “MENEHUNE MISCHIEF” CHARACTER DINING

halfmonkey

DIS Veteran
We currently have the Ama Ama dinner reservation and am interested in maybe booking a dinner character dining. I understand that this is a buffet with an opportunity to take some character pictures. Will Lilo and Stitch make an appearance? How about Moana and Maui? I assume Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. How about any of the Princesses like Ariel?

On the description page, it says that photo ops are avilable prior to each seating. Does this mean that if I arrive 30 minutes early to my reservation time, I can spend that time taking pictures? If not, can someone explain how this is structured?

The photo op means they will have one character outside to take photos with, that character doesn't come to your table. It was Mickey Mouse when I was at Aulani.

I recall seeing Minnie and Goofy and Stitch circulating (looking in from outside). Lilo doesn't ever appear at Aulani. I have not been there since Moana was released. There were no princesses, anywhere.

Menehune Mischief is the character dinner offered on certain nights of the week, other days it's just the buffet dinner and no characters. We had Donald Duck as the entrance photo op character. And then Stitch, Chip and Dale came around to the tables. It also includes a cute 'show', that's why certain times are blacked out to book.

No princesses or lilo are at Aulani. Only moana but I have never seen her at the dinner.

Two weeks ago you got to take a photo with a Donald prior to being seated. Stitch, Chip, and Dale were walking around the restaurant.

We just did this last Thursday, and it was great! Donald is your host, so you get a photo with him and then someone comes by to sell you the photo package later. Then we saw Pluto, Chip & Dale. They had lots of fun with me and the kids. Also, the food here was really good. REALLY! They had prime rib, bone-in ham, crab legs, and all sorts of other very tasty food. I thought it was better than Ama Ama.

Actually, I do have a question. Original reservation is for 6:30, but show doesn't start until 7:15. Is there a lot going on during the show that would prevent us from eating? I'm just thinking that my kids would appreciate 30 more minutes at the pool. Would you stick with original 6:30 reservation or go for a 7pm reservation?

We just did this last Thursday, and it was great! Donald is your host, so you get a photo with him and then someone comes by to sell you the photo package later. Then we saw Pluto, Chip & Dale. They had lots of fun with me and the kids. Also, the food here was really good. REALLY! They had prime rib, bone-in ham, crab legs, and all sorts of other very tasty food. I thought it was better than Ama Ama.

Is the photo with Donald included with photopass or do you have to buy it separately?

I was wondering, is the show something that is enjoyable if you don't have kids? From the description above, it sounds rather like a kids activity than an actual show... I thought seeing a show would be more fun than your normal character breakfast, but now I'm not so sure.

$35,- for either a print or all digital or $45 for both (last one I'm not sure about)

That’s crazy the dining photos are not included in PhotoPass like they do at WDW. No way a photo with Mickey and Donald is worth $45. That’s like half the cost of a theme park ticket.

I was wondering, is the show something that is enjoyable if you don't have kids? From the description above, it sounds rather like a kids activity than an actual show... I thought seeing a show would be more fun than your normal character breakfast, but now I'm not so sure.
It’s a kids activity, not a show. If you don’t have kids and don’t need to see characters, then go on a regular night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter