Which dates to visit TDL + TDS during son's trip?

KellifromCanada

Mouseketeer
Hi!

Appreciate any advice you could offer. My son is travelling to Japan and we are treating him to a 2 day park pass to TDR. He is hoping to go on the least busy days and is flexible. He knows to stay away from weekend days, obviously, but what would you suggest...He'll be in Tokyo from May 26 to June 6.

At this point, we are leaning toward June 4 + 5th.

Does this sound like a good plan, or would you suggest alternate dates?

Thanks!

Kelli
:)

PS. I am sending him on a mission while he is there, to purchase a Shellie bear for his sister's birthday! Which shops carry her and where to find? Thanks again!

They're both weekdays, so he should be fine! Just remember that June is the rainy season here in Tokyo, so he may have some periods during the day where they'll be showers. (Of course, that also means the rides are not as crowded.) Hope he has fun!

They're both weekdays, so he should be fine! Just remember that June is the rainy season here in Tokyo, so he may have some periods during the day where they'll be showers. (Of course, that also means the rides are not as crowded.) Hope he has fun!

Thanks Kyjin! This is the time of year he usually travels to Tokyo, and he has been fairly lucky so far ... or he just buys an umbrella.

:hyper:

Kelli

Weekdays are wonderful! I can't remember how much they were, but the ponchos are significantly cheaper at TDL than in the states. Then again, the yen wasn't 79/$1 back then!

You can get a Shellie at Disney Sea. Once you walk through the main entrance corridor, there is a shop on the left hand side. Scrooge McDuck's? I need to check on the name! EVERY store in the Cape Code area of Disney Sea will have Shellie items. If the shelves are bare, just have him ask one of the girls working in the store. Sometimes the bears sell faster than they can restock the shelves

Weekdays are wonderful! I can't remember how much they were, but the ponchos are significantly cheaper at TDL than in the states. Then again, the yen wasn't 79/$1 back then!

You can get a Shellie at Disney Sea. Once you walk through the main entrance corridor, there is a shop on the left hand side. Scrooge McDuck's? I need to check on the name! EVERY store in the Cape Code area of Disney Sea will have Shellie items. If the shelves are bare, just have him ask one of the girls working in the store. Sometimes the bears sell faster than they can restock the shelves

Thanks for the responses! Now we are thinking he might go the Tuesday and Wednesday a week earlier rather than nearing the end of his vacation when he'll be more tired. And...much poorer :) The exchange rate IS really nasty. His first trip it was nearly 100/$1. sigh.

Cheers!

Kelli

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter