• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which day would be best for the beach?

traciruns

Mouseketeer
Hi! I've been loving reading the recent reports from WDW vets about their awesome first time trips to DL! We go at the end of next week for the first time. We will be in the parks from Thursday, 8/22 - Monday, 8/27 with a 5 day PH. We fully intend to have a few short days, and would like to visit a nearby beach since we are from the East Coast and have no Pacific Ocean experience. Looking at probably Ubering to Newport or Huntington Beach for a few hours. We are aware that Sunday, 8/26 is the CHOC walk so that is one possible beach day, but we also see that Mondays are pretty rough crowd-wise, so that's another option. How crazy busy are the beaches on the weekends? Would one day be better than the other to just use our EM hour and then hit the sand? Thanks for your thoughts!

I suspect you won’t run in to much in the way of beach crowds if you go on a weekday. You will be there late in the summer so most schools will be back in session.

It has been a few years since we lived in LA but you may experience the marine layer on the coast until late morning, early afternoon

Assuming that the weather is good beach weather the whole time, I’d probably go Sunday, or else I’d hit the parks Monday morning and then head to the beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter